Motherboard
Gigabyte Q77M-D2H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had zero internet issues with my build for more than 4 years until now. Before going away for holidays, I've turned everything off and unplugged it. When I returned ten days later, the Self-Assigned IP Address issue occurred and I was unable to fix it. It affects both Wi-Fi and Ethernet. All my other devices works.

Every time I log into macOS, it works for about an hour(Configure IPv4 is set to Using DHCP), and then it for some reason assigns new IP address itself losing the connection to the internet.

Here's what I've tried:
1. Deleting the preferences files as described in all tutorials related to this issue. I've even shut down my Hackintosh, turned off the switch on PSU and pushed the power button couple of times to squeeze-out any "juice" left as some suggested this worked for them.
2. Set the IP address manually(Configure IPv4 set to Using DHCP with manual address) and set it in my router settings.
3. Resetting the router to factory settings.
4. Bought the USB -> Ethernet adapter which serves as a network card with its own mac address.
5. Updating macOS from 13.2 to 13.6. No change, so I updated from 13.6 to 14.0. Still nothing.

I have another SSD which is a clone of the main one(as a backup) and when I've tried to boot into it, it worked without any problems(no self-assigned IP after an hour or so). This leads me to believe, it must be a software problem?

Any ideas?

I've noticed that my router DHCP lease time was set to one hour, hence the loss of connection after one hour. I've increased it to two hours and it did work. So it loses the connection to the internet after DHCP lease expires. Is there any long-term solution? Increasing DHCP lease time to month/year probably isn't the best idea, right?

Have you tried manually configuring a fixed IP address ?

im having the same issue can anyone help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back