Contribute
Register

No connection to Homekit devices in Home app (10.15.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
Intel 9900KF
Graphics
Radeon RX 5700XT
Hi all,

I just finished my first hackintosh project with one minor but annoying downside. I managed to get iMessage and Facetime running, but the Home App and the connection to my Homekit devices is not working. On my "real" MacBook this is working properly.

Things I identified so far:
- After every Restart of the system, "My Home" is created anew on the Homikit Hub (AppleTV) -> so after a while, I have n-times "My Home" on iPad, iPhone et al. -> on the Hackintosh, only one version (the latest) is shown though. I can add devices to this "new" home on iPad or iPhone, which will show on the Hackintosh (and can be used properly), but will be gone after a Restart (and a new home is created).

- In the Home-App I can not change to other Homes (incl. my fully configured standard on). The pull-down menu, which is supposed to be left in the title bar, is missing.

I have the follwing configuration:
Gigabyte Designare Z390 Board with 32 GB RAM and Intel i9900KF CPU, Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics.

Clover configuration:
ACPI/patched: SSDT-DTPG.aml, SSDT-EC.aml/dsl, SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V3.aml
Drivers/UEFI: ApfsDriverLoader, EmuVariableUefi, FSInject, HFSPlus, OsxAptioFix2drv-free2000, VirtualSMC
kexts/other: AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, USBPorts, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen

As I figured this may be an NVRAM Problem I tried the other MemoryFixes as well (AptioMemoryFix.efi, OsxAptioFix3.efi) - unsuccessfully.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Best,
Alex

Have the same problem with 10.15.4. Did you find a solution?

Hi, actually I solved this by resetting my profile and keeping it at the default location. Whenever I "move" my profile to another drive for disk-space reasons, the connection to HomeKit is lost. So I guess it relies on some files at a special location...

I had the exact same issue and was able to resolve it by doing the following:

Close Home app

$ killall homed
$ rm -rf /Volumes/HOME/<YOUR_USER>/Library/HomeKit/
$ mkdir /Volumes/HOME/<YOUR_USER>/Library/HomeKit/
$ touch /Volumes/HOME/<YOUR_USER>/Library/HomeKit/datastore.sqlite
$ touch /Volumes/HOME/<YOUR_USER>/Library/HomeKit/datastore3.sqlite

launch Home app

I had the exact same issue and was able to resolve it by doing the following:

Close Home app

$ killall homed
$ rm -rf /Volumes/HOME/<YOUR_USER>/Library/HomeKit/