CPU
i5-2450M
Graphics
HD3000, 1024x768
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Had been running Mavericks for the last 4 years perfectly on my Probook 4530s then the HD sadly failed so I'm back to square one...

Managed to install SL on a new HD with iboot and my SL retail DVD, but when it comes to upgrading to something like Yosemite with unibeast I can't.

I can successfully create the USB drive with unibeast and Yosemite on it but after booting into said usb the install screen goes black and I can get no further.

Have tried all manner of boot flag combinations but none help. Has anyone successfully hacked a Probook 4530s and remember the boot flags they used? I'm out of ideas and am getting desperate...

Any help appreciated
Paul

Laptop: HP Probook 4530s
Processor: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 3057MB (101MB used)
Resolution: 1024x768 pixels
Ram: 4gb

Just in case I missed anything there is an old system report here...

Had been running Mavericks for the last 4 years perfectly on my Probook 4530s then the HD sadly failed so I'm back to square one...

Managed to install SL on a new HD with iboot and my SL retail DVD, but when it comes to upgrading to something like Yosemite with unibeast I can't.

I can successfully create the USB drive with unibeast and Yosemite on it but after booting into said usb the install screen goes black and I can get no further.

Have tried all manner of boot flag combinations but none help. Has anyone successfully hacked a Probook 4530s and remember the boot flags they used? I'm out of ideas and am getting desperate...

Any help appreciated
Paul

Laptop: HP Probook 4530s
Processor: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 3057MB (101MB used)
Resolution: 1024x768 pixels
Ram: 4gb

Just in case I missed anything there is an old system report here...

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

I ca

I can't follow that guide. Why can't unibeast work?

I had Mavericks for 4 years on this probook 4530s with zero problems. Upgrading was a breeze last time but I have no idea how I did it back then.

Can you please tell me the EASIEST way to get Mavericks on this 4530s at least?? Thankfully I have the OSX of Mavericks still.

Just desperate to get this running so I can work again.

Many thanks
Paul

Why not?

Guide already linked in post #2.

Post #2 just says reserved for future.

What you do for the hackintosh community is amazing. You are a national treasure. Seriously. But you gotta appreciate that some of us are at different abilities. I am light years away from your skills & when I say I can't follow your guide. I can't. It's just too advanced for me.

I'm not sure how I upgraded to Mavericks 4 years ago but it wasn't this painful.

Why won't unibeast work On 4530s? Would happily settle for Mavericks right now.

Post #2 just says reserved for future.

You're looking at the wrong thread.
Clearly, post #2 without further indication is in the same thread as the reference to post #2:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0s-to-the-intsall-screen.247366/#post-1705999

when I say I can't follow your guide. I can't. It's just too advanced for me.

It sounds like you didn't try.
If you can read English, and follow the instructions exactly, you'll find it is quite easy.

The only thing dangerous about trying is that you'll probably learn something in the process and will likely succeed.

I am light years away from your skills

You don't need my level of skill to follow the guide. Not even close...

Last edited:
[[Update for those who may find this via google.]]

Managed to hack the hp probook 4530s with Yosemite thanks to this tonymac guide.

During the process I made sure the config.plist I used was the "HD3000 1366x768 blackscreen" one and it worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back