CPU
i5-3317U
Graphics
HD 4000 / HD 7570M
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey. So i am running mojave on my dell inpiron laptop.. When i plug and unplug my charger the brightness is same. But when i go to system pref, energy saver and turn on and off the option “slightly dim brightness when on battery power” it then works.. also when i turn hibernationmode to 0 in terminal , it still works... but when i restart, it does,nt work... how to fix this?

Hey. So i am running mojave on my dell inpiron laptop.. When i plug and unplug my charger the brightness is same. But when i go to system pref, energy saver and turn on and off the option “slightly dim brightness when on battery power” it then works.. also when i turn hibernationmode to 0 in terminal , it still works... but when i restart, it does,nt work... how to fix this?
had same issue when I was using virtualsmc. switched to fakesmc back working

had same issue when I was using virtualsmc. switched to fakesmc back working
I was using fakesmc but i tried virtualsmc now and it didnt even dim the display when i turned on and off that option... so switching back to fakesmc....
Is there anyway it can be solved?

can anyone help?

can anyone help?
I was only stating what happened when I used and switched back to fakeSMC. although your case may be different, you still NEED to post your problem reporting files for BETTER assistance

It's a well known issue...
You have to use older versions of ACPIBatteryManager.kext (Battery manager driver)

I was having the same type of issue with VirtualSMC. In menubar, Battery icon was changing with charger plugin (Or removal) but brightness was not changing while "Slightly dim display on battery" option was checked in system setting.

I fixed the issue by changing SSDT-PNLF.aml . Previously I was using Rehabman's version, But I changed it to SSDT-PNLF.dsl provided in Whatevergreen Github page. (It is based on Rehabman's PNLF,So no major changes required except changing your Graphics device name)

I am using whatevergreen with Intel HD620.
Note: Make sure ACPIACAdapter is loading under charger in IOReg.

Hi, I had this problem too. I solved it with VirtualSMC

+ SMCBatteryManager.kext
+ SMCLightSensor.kext
+ SMCProcessor.kext
+ SMCSuperIO.kext

+ SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml
+ SSDT-ALS1.aml

Attachments

• patch.zip
    99 KB · Views: 57
Hi, I had this problem too. I solved it with VirtualSMC

+ SMCBatteryManager.kext
+ SMCLightSensor.kext
+ SMCProcessor.kext
+ SMCSuperIO.kext

+ SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml
+ SSDT-ALS1.aml
Okk it worked sort of.... i copied everything from that folder... but my boot time went from 7-10 seconds to 1 minute... and my computer lags a lot.... what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back