nVidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I've seen several posts and pages on booting directly from my SSD, and not the USB, and have tried (as far as I can recall right now) all the suggestions, and none are working.

Please note, I did not go and purchase all the hardware as suggested on Tonymac or other pages. I already had a PC, which I simply want to Hackintosh. I recently purchased an Air 13" 2017 model, and started using LOGIC PRO in my studio (instead of SONAR) on the Air. Now that I am comfortably settled in Mac Os and Logic, I would like to use my original studio PC again. Obviously I would need Mac Os, and this is why I'm thinking Hackintosh. The Air is great, and does the work, BUT, it is limited in its SSD size (128GB) and no form of expansion is sensibly possible. Also, it is limited to 8GB RAM, so it is not intended as a replacement for my PC. So, I list my PC info below:

I have an ASROCK M/B, the B85 Pro4
The machine has an i5 CPU with 8GB RAM, which I wish to expand soon.
It has two 256GB SSD drives, and two 1TB HDD drives (see...space for doing stuff - both audio and video). :)

So, I used Clover to install High Sierra (using High Sierra, as that's the version on my Air, and the one I could tghus easily download and prepare for the USB boot drive).

All went quite fine, BUT, after install, and after MultiBeast, two things are "unsolvable" it seems:
1) My machine will not boot directly from the hard drive
2) No matter how many times I run Multibeast for the Audio and Graphics drivers, when I go to System settings, there is no audio driver, and the display (even though the built-in onboard screen card does support it, AND a separate GeForce 210 card which I also installed and tried with its drivers supports it) does not show any option to run extended mode for two monitors.

So, any ideas (possibly something in the M/B UEFI or other setting) what I could still try. I would like to solve issue (2), but for the moment, I am happy in this post, to just attempt to get issue (1) sorted (booting from SSD).

I have run the "normal" clover setup with SSD 1, and tried it with SSD 1 connected to SATA 1, 2, 3 and 4 - no joy. Thought it might be the drive, so I ran the install with SSD 2, again, 4 times, each time trying a different SATA port (I thought that possibly the specific SATA port into which the drive is plugged may make a difference).

I then tried the route where you mount the EFI on the "boot" drive, and copy all the stuff from the USB into that...followed all the steps. No joy. Again, tried it on both drives. All the while, having run Multibeast as well, with its UEFI CLOVER option selected. Also tried WITHOUT running Multibeast - still no joy.

Do you guys think it's possible that the ASROCK simply CANNOT boot from SSD, or, could it be that the fact that there was Win10 on the SSD previously causes an issue?

Or, should I try other bootloaders, and, if so, is it possible to change bootloader WITHOUT having to do the entire install from scratch?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi all,

I've seen several posts and pages on booting directly from my SSD, and not the USB, and have tried (as far as I can recall right now) all the suggestions, and none are working.

Please note, I did not go and purchase all the hardware as suggested on Tonymac or other pages. I already had a PC, which I simply want to Hackintosh. I recently purchased an Air 13" 2017 model, and started using LOGIC PRO in my studio (instead of SONAR) on the Air. Now that I am comfortably settled in Mac Os and Logic, I would like to use my original studio PC again. Obviously I would need Mac Os, and this is why I'm thinking Hackintosh. The Air is great, and does the work, BUT, it is limited in its SSD size (128GB) and no form of expansion is sensibly possible. Also, it is limited to 8GB RAM, so it is not intended as a replacement for my PC. So, I list my PC info below:

I have an ASROCK M/B, the B85 Pro4
The machine has an i5 CPU with 8GB RAM, which I wish to expand soon.
It has two 256GB SSD drives, and two 1TB HDD drives (see...space for doing stuff - both audio and video). :)

So, I used Clover to install High Sierra (using High Sierra, as that's the version on my Air, and the one I could tghus easily download and prepare for the USB boot drive).

All went quite fine, BUT, after install, and after MultiBeast, two things are "unsolvable" it seems:
1) My machine will not boot directly from the hard drive
2) No matter how many times I run Multibeast for the Audio and Graphics drivers, when I go to System settings, there is no audio driver, and the display (even though the built-in onboard screen card does support it, AND a separate GeForce 210 card which I also installed and tried with its drivers supports it) does not show any option to run extended mode for two monitors.

So, any ideas (possibly something in the M/B UEFI or other setting) what I could still try. I would like to solve issue (2), but for the moment, I am happy in this post, to just attempt to get issue (1) sorted (booting from SSD).

I have run the "normal" clover setup with SSD 1, and tried it with SSD 1 connected to SATA 1, 2, 3 and 4 - no joy. Thought it might be the drive, so I ran the install with SSD 2, again, 4 times, each time trying a different SATA port (I thought that possibly the specific SATA port into which the drive is plugged may make a difference).

I then tried the route where you mount the EFI on the "boot" drive, and copy all the stuff from the USB into that...followed all the steps. No joy. Again, tried it on both drives. All the while, having run Multibeast as well, with its UEFI CLOVER option selected. Also tried WITHOUT running Multibeast - still no joy.

Do you guys think it's possible that the ASROCK simply CANNOT boot from SSD, or, could it be that the fact that there was Win10 on the SSD previously causes an issue?

Or, should I try other bootloaders, and, if so, is it possible to change bootloader WITHOUT having to do the entire install from scratch?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Have checked in BIOS your boot order?

Have checked in BIOS your boot order?

Hi, thanks, yes, first thing I did was check that, although, apparently I have a UEFI, not a BIOS, which was something new to me :) But, yes...that was the very first thing done, before any other troubleshooting ;-)

@riaaneloff, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi,
There cannot be no bios, without bios it is impossible for your pendrive or other devices to work and boot up, here is a solution for your problem, i had the same issue b4.

Method 1.
Boot your hackintosh and then open CLOVER CONFIGURATOR locate mount partition and click on Mount for the ssd that you have installed your system on, Usually disk0. Also mount the pendrive EFI partition. Then close clover configurator and locate the EFI hard drive partition on your desktop, once there go to EFI>Clover. If there is no clover folder then simply open EFI FOLDER AND WAIT. After that is done, go to your EFI partition of pendrive and to the efi folder (if) Then simply copy all the clover files to the EFI of you ssd. Reboot to bios and select default boot device as ssd.

Method 2.
Download Multibeast for your system and install clover from it. After installing follow the above steps to mount your efi of pendrive and then go to EFI>CLOVER and copy Config.plist file the the sdd EFI partition, Remove pendrive and simply reboot

If you still aren't sure about the Bios then rely with your motherboard name, processor and model of ssd. Also attach the efi folder if you can, of the ssd.
peace

Once all this is done, try again installing audio and video drivers, If still not i will help you out.

Hi, thanks, yes, first thing I did was check that, although, apparently I have a UEFI, not a BIOS, which was something new to me :) But, yes...that was the very first thing done, before any other troubleshooting ;-)

I have found that with some versions of Clover, I too cannot boot without using my USB. For example the most recent version of Clover would not allow me to boot, so I reverted back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back