Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have a strange behavior. Sure somebody can help me???...
I have a hackintosh, working well since several month.

Configuration: Snow-Leopard OS X 10.6.8 / Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H (Rev. B3) F8 / i3-2105sandybridge 3.09 GHz / sapphire-radeon-hd-5450-1go / 8GBCorsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 DDR3 1333 Mhz CL9

I added several hard disks to clone the hackintosh itself or some other mac. However when I add another internal hard disk making backup with rsync scripts of another snow leopard mac, I cannot boot anymore; the script is making a sort of Time Machine backup. I am stuck after 'Load Operating System…' . Sometimes several "boot…" appears very quickly and disappears. Keyboard is not active. The hack is stuck and… me too....But, if I disconnect back the hard drive, the hackintosh boot very nicely again.
I change Hard disks, making new clones' several times, same problem : no booting. So I don't understand.

Here is my question :
What can prevent from booting my hackintosh when I add a hard disk with a 'clone' of a mac on it. ???
It looks like when the clones contains only ordinary files, it is OK, and that the problem arise when 'system' files are copied/cloned.
In other words what is changed on my 'good hack hard disk' which prevents booting when the 'new' harddisk is connected. At the beginning it is OK, but it seems to appear after some system files are copied? What happens when the hack is started?
If the faulty hard disk is removed and connected in USB to a mac it is OK.

NB: Of course with 'F12' each time Iam choosing the right hard disk with the hackintosh system which has been all the time working. I am not trying to start from the added hard disk, but from the same 'good hackintosh'.

Thanks a lot for your ideas of cause
Dominique
Sorry excuse me for my english....Hope I am clear.

Hello,

I had this too some time ago. The reason was that the SATA port the new hardrive was connected to had boot priority over the SATA port the Hackintosh HDD was connected to.
For some reason I can´t explain, the BIOS didn´t check if there is another harddrive with OS resp. bootloader on it. Funnily enough, when not finding something on the first harddrive it booted from a flash drive so basically the necessary checks were done.

In your place, I´d try swapping the SATA cables on the harddrives and see if it boots, then.

Bye and good luck
RobbieTobbie

Hello,

I had this too some time ago. The reason was that the SATA port the new hardrive was connected to had boot priority over the SATA port the Hackintosh HDD was connected to.
For some reason I can´t explain, the BIOS didn´t check if there is another harddrive with OS resp. bootloader on it. Funnily enough, when not finding something on the first harddrive it booted from a flash drive so basically the necessary checks were done.

In your place, I´d try swapping the SATA cables on the harddrives and see if it boots, then.

Bye and good luck
RobbieTobbie

thanks RobbieToobie for your answer.
I will check your proposal later. But for now I think YOU are on the right idea. I read somewhere I don't remember where and exactly what but I think it was talking about problem with sata port on gigabyte). So , your idea seems now to me the right one : something to do with gigabyte motherboard/Bios/sata port/even CDROM drive.
How can we verify which sata is the bios really using or checking (I cannot find a way to have verbose from the start)?.
Is there a way to 'force' the bios the choose the right Harddrive (other than just telling the boot priority in the usual bios parameter).
Thanks anyway. I will tell you later
Dominique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back