Graphics
GT 9500
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have tried to install ML for the last few days without success.
My install USB's I have two one Lion & one ML they both work as they have no problem booting up and installing on my old GA-EP45-UD3LR-1.0-F11 MB 3 Gig Core 2
My new system gets me to the selection to continue to install ML or select other OS's, when I continue to install I get 10secs of blank screen a flicker then reboots. I get the same results from a working Lion HD (from my old EP45 sys)
I have changed Graphics cards as well as trying the internal. Changed PS, removed the HD and also reduced and swapped around he memory, I tried Front USB and back USB
I am completely lost and don't know what to check next. Am I missing something ?
PLEASE HELP.

MB: GA-Z77-D3H
CPU: i5 3470
RAM: 16G (4x8G Kingston)
HD: 120G SSD
GPU: tested - internal/Gigabyte GT9500 1G/ ASUS EN8400GS 256M

Thanks for the feedback
I already have F15 and if I am right it the latest.
here is a strange fact that now leads me to think I have a faulty MB
I installed Win 7 Ultimate and even though the total size of files were only 11Gig my Disk usage was telling me that I had used 75Gig, Tried a different drive same result. Took the drive and Win 7 install disk to my old GA 45 and installed there and got 11Gig and and disk usage now of 14Gig.
Put the drive back into the Z77 with no changes and suddenly it appeared to be using 50GB more space again
Image 175 Installed on GA45 Image 178 same drive same install booted on Z77. What The ..

Could any of the SATA settings in the bios affect this and could also prevent OSX Boot ?? i wonder.

Attachments

• IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 523
  • IMAG0178.jpg
    IMAG0178.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 621
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back