CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm new to the Hackintosh world, and just built my very first machine. It works great, except that I'm having issues getting Bluetooth to work with my Fenvi FV-T919. WiFi works perfectly, but no Bluetooth. This seems to be a common issue, and I've tried to follow the advice in other posts, but don't know where to go next.

Here are the things I've done so far in a attempt to resolve the issue (mainly by trying to follow the USB Changes and Solutions guide by RehabMan):
  • Enabled XHCI handoff in BIOS settings
  • Enabled USB Legacy Support in BIOS settings
  • Used Clover Configurator to change EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02
  • Installed USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, and FakePCIID.kext (I've tried them in both the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.14, and /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ folders)
  • Tested USB header on motherboard with a different device (case front USB ports), and verified that the header does work
Bluetooth seems to appear in System Profiler (screenshot attached), but there is another Bluetooth device there (perhaps the built in one on the motherboard?), and I don't know what either one is.

I'm guessing the next steps will be doing some mucking about in the IO settings, but I don't understand exactly what to try next. I'll attach my IOReg here.

Any advice as to what to try next?

Attachments

• silo.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 375
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 12.40.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 12.40.23 PM.png
    977 KB · Views: 651
I had to install AirportBrcmFixup.kext (and Lilu) for my Bluetooth to work fully w/ the Fenvi. Now it works like a charm, including continuity/unlock with apple watch.

Thank you for the tip! I hadn't tried those kexts before. It doesn't seem to have worked for me though. :(

Where did you install the kexts? I've got mine in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/, but I don't know if that's the best place.

Thank you for the tip! I hadn't tried those kexts before. It doesn't seem to have worked for me though. :(

Where did you install the kexts? I've got mine in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/, but I don't know if that's the best place.

Did you remove the Intel Wifi/BT card that came installed on your board ?

Were you able to get it to work ? I have pretty much the same setup as yours but bluetooth i snot working for me :(
Please help !!!!

ttb1263

Ah, ok, that makes sense! I'll try that next and post my results here.

Were you able to get it to work ? I have pretty much the same setup as yours but bluetooth i snot working for me :(
Please help !!!!

ttb1263

I've actually decided to just purchase a new motherboard rather than try to modify this one. I haven't purchased a new one yet, but I'll post my results here when I do.

Let us know if you decide to modify yours and if it works!

I took the Fenvi FV-T919 card out for now but looking for a way to disable the integrated WIFI/Bluetooth without modifying the motherboard. Anybody has a suggestion?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back