Contribute
Register

No audio w/ Asus Z97-A and HD 4600, tried MultiBeast. Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z-97A
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good evening,

Everything on my El Capitan installation seems to be working fine, except audio. Ideally, I'd like HDMI audio, but I don't even have onboard audio (headphones don't work in any of the ports). I've looked at a few guides, but none of them have worked for me.

I attached a screen shot of the drivers/kexts I used in MultiBeast. Is there anything else I can try doing to get this all to work? I imagined ALC1150 would have been enough to at least get onboard audio. Perhaps I should use VoodooHDA 2.8.8 instead of Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio? Is there anything I have to manually edit and if so where/how do I do it? Thanks so much.

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 8.43.25 PM.png

I've the same problem on same motherboard. ALC 1150 doesn't have any audio. It was working fine with Yosemite.

Please someone help us.

I must have been mistaken, because I thought the Asus Z97-A was 1150, but I just used 892 and it works! Just no HDMI, but I'm a step closer.

Oops, I was wrong with the motherboard model, it's GA-Z97-D3H, and it has ALC 1150. Now I am stucked, don't know how to solve the problem. It was working on Yosemite.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back