Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! My installation is very successful but unfortunately I have to use a USB card. I would like to use the audio from my motherboard but it uses a Via VT1708S chipset. Using Voodoo doesn't work, so I'm hoping someone here can help direct me to the right direction. Here is my edited VoodooHDA.kext for Via VT1708S.View attachment VoodooHDA.kext.zip

P.S. After installing the kext and rebooting, for some reason the VoodooHDA kext does not load (from kextstat). I've also repaired permissions before rebooting using Kext Utility.

UPDATE: Audio works now. Apparently I put the wrong device ID.

EDIT: Now that audio works, I'm having problems with mute. I always have my Mac muted and when I boot up and open an application like Skype or Mail, I always hear the Skype login sound or the Mail sound even though my volume is muted. The only fix is to un-mute and mute again. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello! How did you get it to work? I'm new to hackintosh and tried it on my old PC... I have an Asus P5Q-SE2 motherboard and there's no sound. Can you please post how you were able to make it work step-by-step?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back