Contribute
Register

No audio - Realtek ALC 233 Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Flex 2 14 Laptop
CPU
4th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-4010U (1.70GHz 1600MHz 3MB)
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Struggling to get sound working on Yosemite, audio is: Realtek ALC 233

Any pointers please?

I have tried using VooDoo HDA through Multicast as suggested elsewhere but this has had no effect.

Thanks

Struggling to get sound working on Yosemite, audio is: Realtek ALC 233

Any pointers please?

I have tried using VooDoo HDA through Multicast as suggested elsewhere but this has had no effect.

Thanks

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Wow, simple as that eh? <gulp> !!

Thanks

I solved using last Voodoo HDA kext adding in info.plist IOPCIPrimaryMatch=0x9c208086
I have ALC233 on Asus A555L (x555LD motherboard)

Schermata 2014-12-07 alle 17.37.54.png

I solved using last Voodoo HDA kext adding in info.plist IOPCIPrimaryMatch=0x9c208086
I have ALC233 on Asus A555L (x555LD motherboard)

View attachment 117179

Hi, i'm using alc233 too. My audio already detected after editing info.plist just like you mentioned. but internal speaker still gives no sound. Headphone jack works, though.
Any help?

It seems that we have the same type of computer,and my ALC233's mic does not work well.Cna you help me to make it work? Thank

It seems that we have the same type of computer,and my ALC233's mic does not work well.Cna you help me to make it work? Thank

Are you using patched AppleHDA?

Are you using patched AppleHDA?

Yes,and I am using patched AppleHDA which works perfectly in someone else's computer which has the same ALC233.But I wonder why my mic does not work as we use the same patched AppleHDA.

Yes,and I am using patched AppleHDA which works perfectly in someone else's computer which has the same ALC233.But I wonder why my mic does not work as we use the same patched AppleHDA.

Unless the computers are exactly the same, there can be slight differences in the codec configuration.

Unless the computers are exactly the same, there can be slight differences in the codec configuration.

And codec file could only be extracted from the Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back