i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

My upgrade went ahead fine in so much as the new OS has installed OK - but, I no longer have audio or Bluetooth which were working fine in Big Sur. Nothing else has changed on my system except for updating to the OS, the latest version of Lilu, WhateverGreen and other kexts I have installed.

I tried reverting to my backed-up EFI (OC 0.7.1) which worked perfectly on Big Sur - the system booted Monterey fine but again I no longer have audio or Bluetooth even with the same EFI that worked fine yesterday under Big Sur.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start this time. :) Can anyone help please? System is as per my sig.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.5 MB · Views: 94
It may help to know which OpenCore you are now using and whether you've allowed for any differences between versions. Changes in config.plist layout (if ignored) could potentially prevent some driver kexts from loading.

Thanks. I updated to OC 0.7.4 - in recent times, this included, I've relied on HacindROM (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hackindrom-app-for-opencore-efi-creation-and-update.312176/) to pull kext updates from their various Github repo's and handle changes to the config.plist.

The relevant kexts appear to be loading ok:

Code:
➜  ~ kextstat | grep -E "AppleHDA|AppleALC|Lilu"
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil showloaded
No variant specified, falling back to release
   51    6 0                  0x2e000    0x2e000    as.vit9696.Lilu (1.5.4) 809BC306-CD75-382C-A93A-6D072B207915 <9 7 6 3 2 1>
   52    0 0                  0x181000   0x181000   as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.6.2) 3B84E151-792F-361B-A84D-5BBD68C1EB6F <51 16 9 7 6 3 2 1>
  147    0 0xffffff7f9707c000 0x13000    0x13000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (283.15) 5C8DC79D-7054-3BE0-823C-ED4B4BC50C47 <146 144 110 16 9 8 7 6 3 1>
➜  ~

Last edited:
I was just familiarizing myself with HacindROM, as much as I could in the space of a few minutes - looks interesting. A side by side comparison of your config.plist and sample.plist (from 0.7.4) still wouldn't hurt. Kexts in the Drivers section now have an Enable key, for example; check whether your appropriate kexts are toggle true or false.

Hi,

My upgrade went ahead fine in so much as the new OS has installed OK - but, I no longer have audio or Bluetooth which were working fine in Big Sur. Nothing else has changed on my system except for updating to the OS, the latest version of Lilu, WhateverGreen and other kexts I have installed.

I tried reverting to my backed-up EFI (OC 0.7.1) which worked perfectly on Big Sur - the system booted Monterey fine but again I no longer have audio or Bluetooth even with the same EFI that worked fine yesterday under Big Sur.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start this time. :) Can anyone help please? System is as per my sig.

Thanks,

Steve

What is your chipset for Bluetooth? It seems that Apple has clamped down on the Bluetooth chips it supports.

if you have a BCM94360NG or similar that requires no kexts, then you will be fine

any others that require kexts are having issues at the moment

you will need to wait for the kexts to be updated for more compatibility as mentioned:

The ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac manual doesn't seem particularly helpful in identifying the Bluetooth chipset.

Reports from a few folk seem to claim the Bluetooth is Intel AX201.

Reports from a few folk seem to claim the Bluetooth is Intel AX201.

If you don't have a card with a genuine Apple or a Broadcom BCM94360NG, there appears to be problems due to Apple rewriting the Bluetooth stack. See the Dortania guide that Feartech linked above. I guess you have to wait until Acidanthera updates the BT kexts or get a separate card.

What's the state of "USB Bluetooth dongle" support like these days? I do have a spare Broadcom m.2 card that macOS supports, but it would be nice to to have to take the machine apart if it can be avoided..
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back