Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Everything else seems to be working! :lol: I've gotten this far before then tried to load more drivers for audio and it crashed. I think it may have been the universal ones. This time I just loaded the realtek drivers listed in multi beast. I see audio options under system info but no sound. Also the speaker is grayed out and I cannot turn it up. I verified I'm in the correct jack. Any ideas on how to get sound going on this board? thanks!

Well, first off, delete all of the audio kexts that you've installed so far. You can do this by going to /System/Library/Extensions in your main hard drive and deleting every name with "HDA" or "Voodoo" in its name. Then, run Multibeast and install the following:

R7b6s.png

Your motherboard uses ALC 889, so this Multibeast setup is supposed to work.

SOLVED! Re: No audio on Z68MA-D2h-B3

Thank you very much Smart Guy! I am completely working! :headbang: I really appreciate it!

I have the same problem and I am going to give this a try. Do I have to restart after applying multibeast? Thanks.

wluk said:
I have the same problem and I am going to give this a try. Do I have to restart after applying multibeast? Thanks.

Yes.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but you should install "System Utilities" in Multibeast along with the stuff I listed above. It's not required, but it's reduces the risk of something going wrong.

I'm having the same problem with the same MoBo, but after I followed your instructions it still isn't working. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Turns out it was a bad MoBo. I returned it and replaced it with a new one. I got sound on the first boot up.

TheSmartGuy said:
Well, first off, delete all of the audio kexts that you've installed so far. You can do this by going to /System/Library/Extensions in your main hard drive and deleting every name with "HDA" or "Voodoo" in its name. Then, run Multibeast and install the following:

R7b6s.png

Your motherboard uses ALC 889, so this Multibeast setup is supposed to work.
not working for me on 10.7.3. i dont have a bad MoBo because windows audio works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back