2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. PowerBook
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
I just upgraded my system to a Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 motherboard (one of the four that were recommended in a recent article on this web site). Sound works fine under Windows 7, but Mac Lion doesn't see any audio output device.

I'm using the DSDT from the tonymacx86 database. I used MultiBeast to install ALC8xxHDA and run the system utilities (clear caches / repair permissions), but that didn't have any effect on the problem. I also notice that installing ALC8xxHDA doesn't appear to have added any files to /System/Library/Extensions.

When I upgraded from the previous board, I had to delete the Voodoo driver before I could boot with this board. I don't know if that would affect this problem at all, though.

How do I get audio working under Mac OS with this board? (Thank you in advance!)

I have the same motherboard as you. To get sound working on my build, I had to delete every soundcard kext in system/extensions. Specifically these with help from frostcall in a seperate thread.

Quote:
I removed files from /System/Extensions and /Extra/Extensions :
- ALC8xxHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions
- AppleHDA.kext in /System/Extensions
- HDAEnabler889.kext in /System/Extensions

Than make sure you run multibeast again and repair system, select your dsdt and reinstall the alc8xxhda.kext and the apple rollback.

Hopefully you dont have the problem where after your computer idles for a little while you lose audio and video through every other program but iTunes.

just installed Snow Leopard on a

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 MOTHERBOARD
ZOTAC GEFORCE GT 545
CORSAIR RAM 8GB
I7 PROCESSOR
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1.5 5200 RPM

MY SOUND ONLY IS SIMI AVAILABLE WHEN I SHAKE MY ITUNES SCREEN, WITH CRAZY DISTORTIONS. ANY HELP? I ALSO GET A GREY SCREEN AFTER MY SYSTEM HAS BEEN BOOTED AWHILE HOUR OR SO!! ALSO CANNOT BOOT WITHOUT IBOOT DISK. BUT I JUST GOT REFERENCE THAT MY VIDEO WAS NOT SUPPORTED.

mastercipher, don't hijack threads. Please start your own thread.

mkteagle - thank you very much for that pointer! All I was missing, apparently, was the "AppleHDA Rollback". When I installed that in addition to "ALC8xxHDA" (which, itself, went into /Extra/Extensions) and the System Utilities tasks, sound came back after the next reboot. Terrific!

I did this and it worked. Anybody know how to fix the microphone? doesn't work and I checked with system preferences and still nothing. I install ALC889.

Thank you guys, this worked for me. I've been struggling all day making this set-up work. If only I could get the integrated HD 3000 to work in Snow Leopard. I guess I'll upgrade to Lion when I can.

JulesNJ said:
Thank you guys, this worked for me. I've been struggling all day making this set-up work. If only I could get the integrated HD 3000 to work in Snow Leopard. I guess I'll upgrade to Lion when I can.

oops sorry

Thank you so much, same problem on Z68MX-UD2H and I have been scouring the interwebs for three days now, starting new posts and everything. I'll mark those as SOLVED!

THANKS AGAIN!! :headbang: :headbang:

Worked for me too, Thanks!!! :headbang:

problem where after your computer idles for a little while you lose audio and video!?!??!
I have that problem, all is great when i first boot the system. Go to work and come home there is no audio in flash or vlc or Mac bluray player but I do hear the little pong sound from the volume slider?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back