CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Okay so I got my hackintosh up and running. All works great got my graphics card going, boots just like it should. My only problem is no sound. I know its the alc889a, I used multibeast and no luck. I had it working at one point in time but had to wipe the hard drive and start over and for the life of me no luck. I want to tripple boot this with windows 7 and linux but don't want to set everything up till I know its all working correctly. Currently the system is running mac os x 10.6.6, have 6 gigs of ddr2 pc2 8500, galixy gts 450 video card. I will probably do the 10.6.8 update tonight.
Please help, sound isn't that big of a deal until you need it for something.
Thanks all.

Okay, so I tried the 10.6.8 update with no luck. Got the apple logo and nothing more. Tried 3 More times, no luck. Decided to try and upgrade to lion no luck. Guess I'm just not having any luck with this. I did how ever get the sound working on lion, but still nada on os x 10.6.6. If I needed to what would be the best usb sound device to get for a hackintosh? Thanks as all ways.

solved no audio

Okay so I figured out my problem, I'm a dumb a.. first off I used the legacyhda kext and it worked, would have worked with multibeast also but I used this one first. The problem the whole dang time was I was using iboot because I haven't installed a bootloader that would let me choose which os to start. Something with iboot just won't let sound work, or atleast the one I'm using. Had the same problem a year ago should have know. Oh well its up and running great.

Did you end up installing Snow Leopard or Lion? I had the same problem with a rev. 1.1 board audio and I too found that the 10.6.2 Legacy kext did the trick. If you are having any problems putting Lion on your build I would suggest you check out the install guide thread I created for it. I believe everything should work the same for you as it did for me, except ingnore anything I wrote about the graphics card and USB 3.0 controller card since you have a different setup for that.

I'm glad to hear you got things working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back