Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
No audio in Realtek ALC892 (and system freezing) after 10.10.2 [SOLVED]

Hi everyone.

This is the first time I post on the forum, and this problem is driving me crazy.
Before 10.10.2 my system worked just fine, but after the update I lost audio and follow the site's instructions to restore it.
Turns out that my system hangs just after the apple logo's boot screen, or during use. I've try to restore it many times, in many ways, but the result was the same.
I'm not a master, deep, guru of programing or hacking on system's deepest secrets, but I do my home work.
Nevertheless this problem is almost making me give up and get back to windows.

Could any of you guy help?

My system:
Yosemite 10.10.2
MultiBeast 7.1.1
Chimera v4.0.1
Gigabyte Z87M-D3H LGA 1150
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5Ghz, 8MB, LGA 1150 - BX80646I74770K
TP-Link Wireless 450Mbps TL-WDN4800
VGA EVGA GeForce GT640 2GB DDR3 128-Bit PCI-Express 3.0 16x - 02G-P4-2641-KR
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz - CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Black
SSD Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 2.5´´ 240GB SATA III - SV300S37A/240G

Thanks!

Ok the install guide say's clearly you will need to reinstall the audio kext or do
what I do and use an external interface.

In terms of freezing try using the latest multi beast update 7.2 for 10.10.2

What I do when an update gives me issues is go back to the previous working
update and problem solve the new update on a new test partition of OS X you can even do this on a usb stick
if you don't have spare hard drive.

You need to do more then the basic homework you need to think through your
steps logically when things go wrong.

giving up and reverting back to windows after a single update issue just because
every thing has worked smoothly for you in the past is not a good enough reason in my
book.

Just take your time and think through it one step at a time!

Most of us have got better at this hackingtosh lark by running into problems and
having to solve them for ourselves thus improving our understanding of the procedure.

Good luck:D

Oh your also going to want to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from system/extensions as before.

That should do it.

SOLVED! :)

Actually, I did everything! Install Multibeat 7.2, audio kexts, changed smbios, and even enable TRIM. Sometimes it booted just fine and worked as a charm. Another times, most of the time, it freeze after the apple logo boot screen.

What solved (I guess) was some alternative NVidia drivers for my board. Since I install them I never had another freeze, crash, boot hang, headache, even new grey hair! :)

I have it working for a few day now and I'm certain is finally solved!

Hi,
please could you share which alternative drivers for Nvidia did you use?
I'm having exactly the same problems as yours before fixing them.

Thank you!

SOLVED! :)

Actually, I did everything! Install Multibeat 7.2, audio kexts, changed smbios, and even enable TRIM. Sometimes it booted just fine and worked as a charm. Another times, most of the time, it freeze after the apple logo boot screen.

What solved (I guess) was some alternative NVidia drivers for my board. Since I install them I never had another freeze, crash, boot hang, headache, even new grey hair! :)

I have it working for a few day now and I'm certain is finally solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back