Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Maximus X Hero
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700
Graphics
Intel HD 600
Less than a year ago I had a stereo reciever plugged in my mobo's optical out and it worked just fine. Then I moved the reciever and speakers to use it for the TV for a few months, now it's all back in my computer room and plugged in the same way as before and there's no audio coming from my mobo's optical out anymore. I can choose it as output so it's recognized by High Sierra, I have not updated the computer or messed with the efi or kexts since it worked last year. The optical cable, speakers and reciever all work, so it must be an issue with my computer not sending audio from digital out. How come, and how do I solve it?

I had this problem a long time ago, I solved it buying a USB interface with optical output. I'm very very happy with it (Fully Plug & Play), forgot the kexts or cheats or fixes SPDIF/Out. I've connected to a Creative DTS with 7 speakers works fine. Very clear sound and excellent latency. 2 sound RCA inputs and 2 outputs (optical and headphones jack 2.5). A good solution. I recommend it! I hope this information will be usefully for someone.
I bought a Berhinger UCA222 (red) UCA 202 (silver) (around 26€ on Amazon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back