Contribute
Register

No Audio from internal speakers with ALC295 (HP Pavilion 15 Power cb-013ng)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15 Power cn013-ng
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630, GTX 1050 Ti (mobile)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, i have a big problem, i was able to get my notebook to work with 10.15.1,
i tried alreaedy AppleALC.kext with AudioID =3 and = 28, nothing works. i have sound at my headphones, but not with my speakers and this is a very big problem for me.

I own a HP Pavilion 15 Power cb-002
Processor: i7-7700k, Intel HD 630 (working), Intel HDMI Audio ( i cannot test it), Broadcom Network (working) etc.

the speakers are from Bang & Olafson or how that company is named

i am really nerved, i am already all the days testing.

From the little experience i have, i had to patch my dsdt to make audio work permanently.I am on HP pavilion power 15 cb035wm also with ALC295.
my audio never worked before even on mojave with the right layout ID but after upgrading to catalina 10.15.1 i patched my dsdt to make battery and audio work. by the way i am using latest AppleALC.kext but you also need lilu.kext to make it work.
Patching dsdt is the best way to make your hackbook work perfectly plus i can update without breaking anything and i also use latest clover (v2.5k_r5097 ).
what i am trying to say is that patching dsdt with the right kext files just make everything work like a vanilla osx and for the first time i have a perfect hackbook due to patching dsdt and i believe that if you wanna enjoy hackintoshing then you need to know a little bit about dsdt patching.

Last edited:
ok, that sounds reasonable. did you use any tutorials for it? i have applealc and lilu.kext installed already and r5098 clover. i am really not advanced in patching my dsdt, but i fear, you are right. what patches i had to use? i think your notebook would be quite similar to mine.

i tried to patch my dsdt, but i am not sure if i did it right. i didnt find any help i could understand. i try to upload it.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    131.5 KB · Views: 206
I'm assuming you already have Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext installed in L/E as well?

I'm using an HP 13t which has ALC295 working with 10.15.1.

I think what helped was adding the following within properties of your config.plist. I do not recall having to patch my DSDT to get audio to work.

Code:
<key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal</string>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Audio device</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <data>
                AwAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio</string>
            </dict>

alc295.png

you know, after i used now a this DSDT, it worked with audio layout 28.... i hear now sound through my headphones, or through these speakers. my problem is solved now:) thank you for your tip! battery and brightness still dont work but that is not thus important to me:)

bro , I have same alc codec , it may work with me please tell me how did you get it work

I have HP Au620tx, I'm having the same issue Audio not coming form the laptop speakers, but coming from headphones,I have same audio codec ALC295. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back