Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IOReg shows audio controller at pci8086,1c20@1B, means no dsdt entry for audio.
Install ssdt_hdef-1-no_ioreg:hdef.zip, restart.
Run script, restart, reply with new files.

Thanks Toleda, onboard audio working ... now is the turn of enable the HDMI audio

Greetings

No files attached, no clue.
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Okay, here are all the files needed. This is after I installed both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. I also ran the audio_clover_HDMI-120_v1.0 script the output file is included in the attached file. I am still unable to use audio either on-board or HDMI on-board. However, in the sound options it now recognizes all options except for Digital Audio. I also notice that once I ran the script and rebooted my HDMI resolution was huge and I could hardly see anything when plugged into my smart TV (Picture is normal when using DVI).

TL;DR - Still no audio, and super high resolution on HDMI TV.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting Info.zip
    789.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
This is after I installed both FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. I also ran the audio_clover_HDMI-120_v1.0 script
HDMI: incompatible methods and off topic. Post to HDMI Audio AppleHDA
892: sound, yes or no?

Deja vu, see Post #3120.

Okay, so I tried to run the audio_cloverALC-120 script but I get a permission error saying I don't have proper permissions. I checked the permissions and everyone had Read and Write.

Edit: I was able to run it after downloading it again - Will post with update. Appreciate your help and patients!

Edit: That worked sir! However, it's working off of Internal speakers and not line out. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be but either way it's working! Now what do I do about the HDMI AUDIO as that is still not working? If this isn't the right place for this than please point me in the correct direction. Thanks for all your help!!!!

Last edited:
it's working off of Internal speakers and not line out
System Preferences/Sound/Output:
Internal Speakers > Green Port/Motherboard
1st Line Out > Orange Port/Motherboard
2nd Line Out > Black Port/ Motherboard
Clear?

System Preferences/Sound/Output:
Internal Speakers > Green Port/Motherboard
1st Line Out > Orange Port/Motherboard
2nd Line Out > Black Port/ Motherboard
Clear?

Ah okay, so that's correct then! So the on-board audio is working just need HDMI audio working. The "Digital Output" option is still grayed out. Thanks!

The "Digital Output" option is still grayed out
Look closely: Web/4. Support for S/PDIF Out
Did you find the motherboard optical connector?
Did you install the optional optical connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back