Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda and Texangeek,

I think Texangeek and I have a similar configuration (skylake, ALC982).
Maybe you can give me a hint on what is wrong ? Even your codecdetect script sees nothing.
I have posted every file you requested for help in troubleshooting earlier today (#3090)

Thanks if you guys can help !

Hi Toleda and Texangeek,

I think Texangeek and I have a similar configuration (skylake, ALC982).
Maybe you can give me a hint on what is wrong ? Even your codecdetect script sees nothing.
I have posted every file you requested for help in troubleshooting earlier today (#3090)

Thanks if you guys can help !

Unfortunately I can't help with reviewing the files that you attached. All I can say is that the audio configuration for ALC892 that I used was very straightforward. I simply specified ALC892 in MultiBeast (Version 9.1) along with the fix required for the 100 series motherboard. It seems from Toleda's post above that I may have inadvertently specified ALC889 rather than ALC892 however.

I'll run MultiBeast with the ALC892 specification tomorrow when I can access the machine. Hopefully that will do the trick and get audio working. I'll post on the outcome!

except audio
Apologies, missed your post.
cloverALC: Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
macOS does not support 100 Series audio natively, see Post #1/Unsupported/Non working Realtek ALC for fix.

Last edited:
Apologies, missed your post.
cloverALC: rror: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
macOS does not support 100 Series audio natively, see Post #1/Unsupported/Non working Realtek ALC for fix.

Hi Toleda !

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction ! I got it working withe following steps (if it can help someone) :
- Run multibeast to install ALC892 and 100 / 200 Series Audio
- Copy SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched
- Ran audio_cloverALC-120.sh

Now it works ! :) Thanks for all your work

Codec is 892, installed files are 889.
Run MultiBeast/ALC892

So I reran Multibeast, selected ALC892 and Build. Multibeast indicated that the ALC892 drivers had been installed however I also got a system message:

"System Extension Cannot be Used - /Library/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

Did MB reinstall this kext? I was under the impression that the necessary elements of SIP were disabled - csrutil status provides:

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled
BaseSystem Verification: enabled

Do I need to totally disable SIP. If so, how and will the change that has been made to the 3rd Party SATA kext prevent the machine from successfully rebooting?

Do I need to totally disable SIP
No. Yes, MultiBeast can install the kext; did you make the selection to install the kext?
That kext has no effect on the boot process.

Last edited:
One or the other, not both; remove one method.

Hi,
ok. What happened is that running multibeast got me an audio device recognized in "about this mac / System Report", but that was still no audio devices in system preferences. Then copying SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml got the audio working, so if I need to chose one method I need to revert what multibeast did, right ?

How do I do that ?
Now it's working well. What are the risks to keep both method ?

Last question: Do I need to reenable SIP afterward ? If yes, simply setting config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 is enough ?
Thanks

What are the risks to keep both method ?
One disables the other.
For Clover injection, remove ssdt
For ssdt injection, remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/patches/Item ?/Rename-HDAS2HDEF property.
Do I need to reenable SIP afterward ? If yes, simply setting config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 is enough ?
No. Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back