Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No new information, not helpful.
Why does the Clover boot log show different entries from the attach config.plist?

That's a good question - I just ran Clover Configurator, and from it got a boot log that looks more like what I'm actually booting. I'll look around my system to see where the DCPI boot log is coming from. The thing that's suggesting something odd to me is that the DCPI boot log says I have four themes loaded, but the Clover Configurator's log (and my experience) says that I've only got "embedded" and "ios7" loaded.

I've attached the bottom of the Clover Configurator screen, which shows a bunch of config.plists. The mystery one (to me) is Hexa>>EFI, since that seems to be a directory in the boot volume - I'm working with EFI>>EFI, which is an MSDOS-formatted EFI partition.

Thanks again for your help. Sorry if I'm being frustrating - I'm doing my best to follow directions precisely. I'm comfortable with the shell, mounting partitions, and editing .plists with vi, so feel free to direct me at a non-gui-tool level, if that helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 4.52.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 4.52.34 PM.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 97
realtekALC output text attached at the end.
Missing.
Recommend cloverALC (persistent) over realtekALC (run after each software update)
See Realtek ALC AppleHDA/See Post #1/Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA/4. realtekALC Rename and install: Desktop/audio.../AppleHDA-orig.kext)
Run cloverALC, attach new files

@dylanmc
2 EFI partitions: disk1 and disk2

Disk2 is my backup - I'm not booting from disk2 (BIOS setting), so I'm hoping that isn't affecting things. I'll unplug it just to be sure.

1. Sound was working fine until I pursued to fix HWmonitor with Multibeast. Here is a screen shot BEFORE HWmonitor fix of the system hardware... Now, System Preferences-> Sound-> output shows nothing. I had a feeling this was going to happen so I took this screen shot to hope it would help me get the sound working.

Before HWmonitor.png

2. OSX 10.12.2 / GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK / i7 4.0Ghz 4790K / Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Ti Gaming

3. Tried MultiBeast using 1150 ONLY.

Also Tried audio_CloverALC-120.command: cloverALCSriptoutput.txt attached.

4. CodeDetectCommand.txt file attached.

5. ioreg.ioreg file attached.

6. AppleHDA.kext Attached.

7. AppleHDA1150.kext attached.

8. I don't see a "kernel Sound Assertions" under "All Messages" in Console.

DPCI Status Screen Shot.png

SystemInfoHardware Screen Shot.png

10. cloverALC-120 command text attached on #2 above.

11. n/A

12. config.plist attached.
BOOT.Log attached
dsdt.aml NOT INSTALLED
ssdt.aml NOT INSTALLED

I also reinstalled 10.12.12 via the upgrade app and retried all the above. I have created a unibeast USB with clover, multibeast, and 10.12.12 as a last resort (haven't installed from unibeast yet). I had a hell of time getting iMessage on El Captain a year ago to work so i'm trying to avoid a clean install.

Thanks

Attachments

• cloverALCScriptoutput.txt
    4 KB · Views: 141
  • CodeDetectCommand.txt
    519 bytes · Views: 128
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • AppleHDA1150.kext.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 81
  • config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 249
  • bootlog.log.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
working fine until I pursued to fix HWmonitor with Multibeast.
Not what happened.
IOReg is missing
Used 3 methods to install audio, each on top of the previous, user error:
1. MultiBeast
2. cloverALC
3. pikeralphaALC
Audio failure is guaranteed.
Remove AppleHDA1150.kext
Restart, reply with new files

Not what happened.
IOReg is missing
Used 3 methods to install audio, each on top of the previous, user error:
1. MultiBeast
2. cloverALC
3. pikeralphaALC
Audio failure is guaranteed.
Remove AppleHDA1150.kext
Restart, reply with new files

Previous ioreg attached....will follow directions and post back.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back