Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Codec (even tho, I had it before, but no devices were detected. Trying different things must have removed it by mistake. Tried installing default AppleHDA, but still no codec detected.)
  2. 10.12 / z68x-ud5-b3 / F10 / i7 3.39 / NVIDIA GTX 470 1280 mb
  3. audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0

Requested files are attached. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. It's a third day of trying to get this to work with no luck I need to go back to work :) Thanks for help in advance!

Attachments

• Audio diag.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
Toleda said:

You have the phantom codec problem, only fix is BIOS downgrade.
See Post #1, Realtek ALC AppleHDA
Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
5. Asus P67H67 3xxx BIOS: Phantom codec
  1. Workaround: 2xxx BIOS downgrade, 7/8 Series upgrade

Toleda can you give me a little detail on how you identified this as my problem (Was ioregistry the indicator of my phantom codec?) and are there any resources on BIOS downgrades? Thanks!

Off topic.
Toleda, my audio is still not working. If you think it has something to do with my system not booting to the correct version of Clover where can I go to get some help? Thanks

omething to do with my system not booting to the correct version of Clover
No audio and wrong Clover are the same problem. Your system is booting the wrong EFI; from BIOS, select the correct disk to boot. Off topic.

No audio and wrong Clover are the same problem. Your system is booting the wrong EFI; from BIOS, select the correct disk to boot. Off topic.
Toleda, partial success! I chose UEFI in BIOS and booted. I have devices and sound at headphone jack in front and speaker jack in back. My Asus monitor with built in speaker does not play. Where should I look to fix this?

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back