Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, working, nevermind.

what benefit would that have?
Files change on every restart. Without the script output, impossible to know what happened.
See Problem Reporting, Post #1; attach all requested files

See Post #1.

Hi Toleda, Again thank you for your help, however, I remain confused.

Your answer, to read Post#1, which i have read numerous times (and I might sound stupid, but it is kinda confusing to follow, for me anyway).

So as i understand, SIP needs to be disabled, which according to the 120.command, it is. If i check with "csrutil status" it comes back disabled. so not sure why you are referring me to Post#1 again.

I feel like i am missing something simple. but i have read and followed your instructions and am still without Audio devices (except ATVs).

Cheers,

Use Audio ID: 1
K (orange) is 1st Line Out
O (black) is 2nd Line Out
Not sure I understand, there's no color coding on by mobo panel, "i" Rear Speaker Out is the only thing that works for my Mac OS. For Windows all seem to work, including the audio from the HDMI could to my monitor's built in speakers.

AudioMoboConnections.png

Confusing??????? SIP is off topic; made it as easy as possible.
Post #1
OS X Version
  1. 10.12 and newer
    1. SIP: click link

Ok, i take it by your SEVEN '?' that you do think i am an idiot, and maybe you should re-read some of these posts, because i don't think I am not the only one not fully understanding Post#1 (otherwise there wouldn't be 211 pages of Q&As) .

Regarding SIP being "off topic", well it was you that asked about it...
How do you disable SIP?
So sorry that i answered your question, going "Off Topic" was not my intention. I "clicked the link" and read through the post, which is why i asked about it three pages ago.

I am not trying to argue, or de rude, I am asking for your help, i have followed your instructions and it doesn't work, so if there is something else i should try i am happy to hear your suggestion(s), instead of just get referring me to post#1 again. If you are too busy to help, don't know what is wrong, or plain just don't want to, thats fine, just please tell me and will stop wasting both our time.

As i have said repeatedly through-out my posts, thank-you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Ok, so I need some help:

1. No Audio Devices, also no Audio Codec
2. macOS 10.12 / MB: Asus Rampage IV BE / BIOS 0801 / Intel 4930k / GTX 960
1. Selected ALC 1150
2. cloverALC does not run​
4. No audio codec detected
1. Attached
2. Attached​
6. Attached
7. None found
8. Sorry, I don't understand this step as well
1. Attached
2. No Devices to screenshot​
10. CloverALC Dows not run
11. N/A
1. Attached
2. Attached
3. N/A
4. N/A
Other Notes:
SIP is disabled, and I tried to follow these guides,
  1. [Guide]-Add_or_Edit_HDEF-dsdt.pdf
  2. [Guide]-Add_HDEF-kext.pdf
but I encountered some problems (e.g. MaciASL can't compile because of errors).

I feel like my audio setup is a total mess.
Ultimately I plan to use my Apogee Duet 2 Sound Interface, but neither "internal" audio, not sound interface are working.

Thank you. I would really appreciate any guidance or tips.

Attachments

• Attachments.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 115
Ok, i take it by your SEVEN '?' that you do think i am an idiot, and maybe you should re-read some of these posts, because i don't think I am not the only one not fully understanding Post#1 (otherwise there wouldn't be 211 pages of Q&As) .

Regarding SIP being "off topic", well it was you that asked about it...

So sorry that i answered your question, going "Off Topic" was not my intention. I "clicked the link" and read through the post, which is why i asked about it three pages ago.

I am not trying to argue, or de rude, I am asking for your help, i have followed your instructions and it doesn't work, so if there is something else i should try i am happy to hear your suggestion(s), instead of just get referring me to post#1 again. If you are too busy to help, don't know what is wrong, or plain just don't want to, thats fine, just please tell me and will stop wasting both our time.

As i have said repeatedly through-out my posts, thank-you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

To disable SIP and therefore be able to run the script, go into Clover Configurator, then in the sidebar select "Rt Variables," and over on the upper right you should see, "CsrActiveConfig" below a box that says "0x[some number]." Change whatever number is in the [some number] spot to 67 so the box reads, "0x67" and System Integrity Protection will be disabled after you save and restart the computer. That should enable you to run the script if SIP was preventing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back