• Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 00.10.51.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 00.10.51.png
    885.5 KB · Views: 106
  • dpcilog.rtf.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 77
  • system.png
    system.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 111
  1. Description of audio problem: Originally, I booted using the Clover config.plist from the tonymac Yosemite guide and then running audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command returned this error:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#000000]EFI partition is mounted[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Boot/Arguments = kext-dev-mode=1 found[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]No system files were changed[/COLOR]
    I made sure audio is on in the BIOS (the only relevant setting I see is Integrated Peripherals->Azalia Codec->Auto). So I then tried again - this time I replaced that config.plist with a fresh vanilla config.plist the Clover v2.3k_r3270 installer created, and rebooted. Now, audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command gives this error:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]EFI partition is mounted[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]Boot/Arguments = kext-dev-mode=1 found[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]No audio codec detected[/FONT][/COLOR]
    So, I followed the No Audio Devices troubleshooting guide, which (if I followed correctly) indicates I need to "add HDEF". Following that guide, I get as far as layout-id <00 00 00 00>, which says "not valid", and the instructions seem to end there. So even though my motherboard has ALC889a, I cannot use cloverALC to get audio working in Yosemite? Am I using the wrong version, or the wrong script entirely? Please point me to what I'm missing. Thank you!

2. OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite / Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 / BIOS F12 / Intel Core i7 920 (C0) / XFX GeForce GTS 250 1GB
Files: View attachment nabziF - cloverALC error.zip

AppleHDA.kext is damaged and unusable. Use MultiBeast 7.5.

Sorry, doesn't work. Just tried it. Now (after installing it) I can't even find it where it supposed to be (library extensions)

Following that guide, I get as far as layout-id <00 00 00 00>, which says "not valid", and the instructions seem to end there. So even though my motherboard has ALC889a, I cannot use cloverALC to get audio working in Yosemite?
dsdt?

1. No audio devices in system preferences
2. El Capitan 10.11.1 / GA - Z77-DS3H / i7 - 3770T/ GTX 560
3. AppleHDA8Series but trying cloverAlc too.
4. Attached files View attachment Files.zip

1. No audio devices in system preferences
3. AppleHDA8Series but trying cloverAlc too.
Attach Terminal/AppleHDA8Series.sh output.
Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1

Realtek ALC Installation Methods
(Select one method, remove method to try/install a different method)

No DSDT. I had followed a short guide someone with the exact same motherboard posted, and he mentioned he was running successfully without a custom DSDT, that Clover was handling all that via injection.

Does it sound like my board requires a DSDT for this after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back