Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The script did not find the native AppleHDA.kext, means what was installed was not native.

What I meant was, that I ran the shell prior to going thought your guide to see what was installed. The script returned that the kext installed was native. So then I went through the guide and ran the script again when I came to that step. Afterwards, and as of right now, it's not native. I don't have a dsdt. I deleted that AppleHDA.kext then downloaded a recovered version from my backups dated a few days ago. Tried re-installing that kext using KextBeast but the shell still shows 'not native.'

Following the guide "audio_RealtekALC/README_v1.0.3.txt," the requirements are a native kext, which I no longer have since backup versions fail the shell.

So as of now, I've no clue what to do. I've tried following your methods, then deleting and re-installing in many different combinations and fail.

Is MultiBeast/AppleHDA installed?
Two methods installed on top of each other always fails.
What are you trying to do?

I'm attempting to get the audio working but no clue as to what I've done. Dug myself in nice-deep ditch.

That is why every reply includes the user name the reply is intended for.

Desperate times call for desperate measures; and acts of desperation yield-mostly failures. And I've never, EVER, seen a thread so organized and well maintained. Brav-f'ing-o Sir.

Hey, I have an H97M-D3H motherboard running the latest version - OS X 10.10.2 with the new security updates,
Using Multibeast & Chameleon boot loader -> Installed Realtek ALC892 & Optional 5.1 Support & Audio ID 2 and I'm still having no audio. it's a 5.1 audio built in the motherboard. :banghead: Please help :O

Hi Toleda. A few days ago i updated to 10.10.2 and faced the problem no audio device. I try several solutions but no luck. To another hdd i instaled a fresh copy. All went fine drivers, bootloader etc. Finally i got a fully working system as usual. Then is migrated my user and applications. After that my audio device gone. Ok i reinstalled the whole system again its not a pain 20 minutes and i have all things ok. Migrate my user again. Same, no audio device. Can you tell me what i do wrong? Thanks.

No Audio Devices - MSI X79A-GD45 (8D) would love any help!

Hello,

1. I installed Yosemite today and everything works fine, but the System Preferences say „No Audio Devices“. I already red a lot about sound fixes, but nothing worked. (VoodooHDA 2.8.7 works but only with static noises. I could stop that with input gain = 0, but after a restart the noises were back. I tried to change the input gain integer to 0 in the info.plist but then VoodooHDA didn’t work anymore)
So I deinstalled the VoodooHDA now and installed again the Realtek ALC892 and there a „No Audio Devices“.

2. OSX Version: 10.10.2
Motherboard Model: MSI X79A-GD45 (8D)
BIOS Version: E7760IMS V10.5
Processor: Intel i7 3930k
Graphics: nVidia GTX680

If I forget anything, please tell me... I might not understand everything of your really good first post![

I hope you could help me. And sorry for my bad english…

Greetings Estyllipsa

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    945 bytes · Views: 124
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    790 bytes · Views: 255
  • ioreg.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 104
  • DPCIManager Boot Log.pdf
    41.1 KB · Views: 110
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • System Information.png
    System Information.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DPCIManager.png
    DPCIManager.png
    84 KB · Views: 97
Thank you toleda for your help!

I deleted the AppleHDA disabler now.

Now I got

Codec ID: 0x10DE0040
Revision: 0x0100
Codec Name*: NVidia GTX680 HDMI (why is there a graphic card, if i want sound? :D)

This Codec ID is not listed in your tutorial, so is it correct, that my Codec not compatible or did I missed something?
What should I do now?

Greetings Estyllipsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back