Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALC889 + Optional 5.1!
Not correct. Audio ID: only for mother boards with 3 audio ports (2 inputs, 1 output)
Install audio again: MultiBeast 9+ > Drivers > Audio > RealtekALCxxx √ ALC889 only
No files attached, no further suggestions

EDIT2: I got the Audio-MIDI-Setup working with configuring ALL 6 5.1 Speakers! I had to connect the colours in totally wrong jacks: green to green (out/no change), black to blue ("in"), orange to pink ("mic in"), all six speakers could be checked individually - don't know why this works.

EDIT: After restarts (and putting english as the primary language) I got some Audio again, all three ports for line-out are recognised, but using Audio MIDI Setup and 5.1 doesn't put any noise out of the speakers, except 1/2 (and even 2 now is very weak; before in Stereo, they were both equally loud). S, at least I have some Stereo.

Install audio again: MultiBeast 9+ > Drivers > Audio > RealtekALCxxx √ ALC889 only

Thanks, toleda, for your input. Sorry for having been so impolite recently - my frustration over not being smart enough for setting up a mackintosh should really not be an excuse, but sorry.

I tried to install ALC889 only, but lost Audio again. Not sure why. I also used the migration assistant (from a chimera 2.2/MacOS10.95) just before and had difficulties to get it running again. So many things perhaps not compatible. Now Sierra is running, all files (except computer parameters) migrated, BUT loss of Audio.

Attached, what I was able to save as pdf (System information Audio). I guess, there should not be "Audio ID 2"
(the input channel is from the webcam, i.e. nothing from ALC889 is recognised)

Attachments

• Untitled.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Not correct. Audio ID: only for mother boards with 3 audio ports (2 inputs, 1 output)
No files attached, no further suggestions
... meanwhile, everything (Audio 5.1) works fine - tested with some 5.1 surround file.
Thank You, toleda, for pointing me to the right post #1 ... and obviously Your work.

So here we go again. A little progress with CloverALC: at least I can now see audio devices/codecs.

Everything seems to be fine, but still no audio from outputs. Front panel audio input seems to work.

So, mobo is MSI Mortar Z270 with ALC892. Using Sierra and CloverALC. Not any kind of audio from any of outputs at the moment, can't even play audio with any softwares.

Files included.

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 123
Finaly reinstall Sierra with manual install Clover on Legacy mode. Clover Legacy mode on MultiBeast automatically install on ESP. Same no audio device, files attached. Good thing now DPCIManager is working.
This was post after Clover legacy install. Since Snow Leopard never happened to have no sound device thats why I hoped to help me. And another thing, the hardware is good i'd tried with Ubuntu live . Thanks again,much aprecieted your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back