Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No output devices
Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/:
Code:
                            "layout-id",
                            /**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00                           /* y... */
                            },

To:
                            "layout-id",
                            {
                                 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                           /* y... */
                            },
Save/install/restart.

Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/:
Code:
                            "layout-id",
                            {
                                 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00                           /* y... */
                            },

To:
                            "layout-id",
                            {
                                 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                           /* y... */
                            },
Save/install/restart.

I'm sorry, but that didn't work. I've attached the updated DSDT.aml.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    20.2 KB · Views: 138

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 195
  • DPCIManager Boot Log.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DPCIManager Status.png
    DPCIManager Status.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IOReg Copy.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 89
  • SSDT.aml
    194 bytes · Views: 119
  • DSDT.aml
    20.2 KB · Views: 126
  • System Information.png
    System Information.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Terminal Saved Output - audio_codecdetect_v2.0.command.txt
    574 bytes · Views: 175
  • Terminal Saved Output - audio_realtekALC-120_v1.0d.command.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 156
Will do. Do I just need to re-run the script and select that option?

Alright, I now have sound. I was able to get it working late last night and I'm at work now. I won't be like one of those people who says "It's working!" and doesn't say how. I'll post all my files when I get home.

To be honest, I did a few things so it's hard to track down. However, these are the steps I took after your post saying "Try ALC898", which did not work.

I replaced AppleHDA.kext with the original backup in the folder that was created when the script ran, rebooted and ran the RealtekALC script with 898 as the codec. Rebooted, no change.

I then ran Multibeast and selected Realtek 889 (which is the correct one for my motherboard). Rebooted, did not work.

Then I downloaded KextBeast, copied the AppleHDA-org.kext from the backup folder to the desktop, renamed it to AppleHDA.kext, ran KextBeast, rebooted and I HAD AUDIO!

Again, I don't know why that worked and I will attach the files, screenshots, etc to a follow up post in this thread. I will also create a new thread for anyone installing Sierra on a Gigabyte X58a-UD3r V2.0 FH BIOS system with my specs.

If I may give some feedback, I do realize that you are providing a very specialized service. I also realize you spend a tremendous amount of time helping people. However, if you could create some copy/paste responses to common questions that would be helpful. When you suggested "Try ALC898" I ran the script and ran into errors because the patch had already been applied. I think this would happen to anyone. If I would have have some more information about how to "Try ALC898" that would have helped a lot.

Anyway, everyone has opinions and your tools have helped a ton of people so my feedback may be total garbage. I don't want to sound ungrateful. Your tools and feedback helped me get my system working and that's what matters.

Thank you, Toleda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back