macOS is not enable for audio, see High Sierra AppleHDA Audio
Restart, reply with new files

Last edited:
config.plist is damaged, most required properties are missing; replace
Is audio enabled in the BIOS?
Add motherboard to profile
macOS is not enable for audio, see High Sierra AppleHDA Audio
Restart, reply with new files

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I generate a good config.plist?
Audio is enabled in BIOS
Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI

I will generate new files. But I am confused on how to repair the config.plist. Thank you again for taking the time to work with me on this.

Many problems and maybe more:
1. Installed AppleHDA.kext is damaged, install native kext
[...]
3. config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHDA/YES, set to NO
Fix, restart, reply with new files
Did this and then reinstalled AppleALC with MultiBeast.
This solved my problem!

I get audio through the green line-out jack using the "integrated" option in preferences -> audio -> output.

Well...I had forgotten that I had recently upgraded my system drive and kept it "just in case" so I tried to copy just the EFI partition back over but that just gave me more headaches. I cloned my problem drive with the old one and restored files I needed from Time Machine. Not really sure how I lost the audio in the first place as all I was doing was mixing some multitrack with Reaper when it crashed. Upon reboot no audio. Either way...I fixed it and no longer need assistance. Thank you to toleda for trying to help me.

Upgraded to 10.15 Beta, works perfectly fine apart from audio. Spent a few hours trying to fix it, no success. Would really appreciate it if someone could take a look.

1. No audio devices (except for Background Music)

2. 10.15 Beta (19A558d), GA H370M DS3H, i3 8100, RX 570

3. Used AppleALC with LayoutID 1 which worked well on 10.14, although I could not get the line in working. Audio completely stopped working on 10.15. Have upgraded Lilu and AppleALC (kexts load successfully), tried lots of layout IDs, but I think the problem is somewhere else.

For the other data, see attached zip.

Attachments

• AudioIssues.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 198
Upgraded from El Capitan to Mojave 10.14.6. All is working perfectly except the audio.
AppleALC and Lilu installed with no errors reported. No audio devices presented except the USB audio.

Here is my Hardware:
Mainboard: Z77 UD5H, HD4000, Core I5 (Ivy Bridge).

AppleALC has been tried with a lot of supported IDs with no results

Attached zip as per the instructions.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 170
Upgraded to 10.15 Beta, works perfectly fine apart from audio. Spent a few hours trying to fix it, no success. Would really appreciate it if someone could take a look.

1. No audio devices (except for Background Music)

2. 10.15 Beta (19A558d), GA H370M DS3H, i3 8100, RX 570

3. Used AppleALC with LayoutID 1 which worked well on 10.14, although I could not get the line in working. Audio completely stopped working on 10.15. Have upgraded Lilu and AppleALC (kexts load successfully), tried lots of layout IDs, but I think the problem is somewhere else.

For the other data, see attached zip.
Got an update notification, downloaded the update, extracted the AppleHDA kext from it using Pacificist and installed it to S/L/E. Fixed the problem somehow!

Upgraded from El Capitan to Mojave 10.14.6. All is working perfectly except the audio.
AppleALC and Lilu installed with no errors reported. No audio devices presented except the USB audio.

Here is my Hardware:
Mainboard: Z77 UD5H, HD4000, Core I5 (Ivy Bridge).

AppleALC has been tried with a lot of supported IDs with no results

Attached zip as per the instructions.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Dear toleda,
Could you please check the files provided once you have the time to do so.
I am out of ideas what to try next at this point.
Thank you very much in advance.

Hello! and thanks for your help. I tried to do everything as you pointed, tell me if there is something missing. thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• macpro de pablo.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 158
Back