Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Thank you Feartech for guidance. Sorry it took a while to generate logs. somehow the files which were getting created in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin didn't added DSDT.aml was adding RSDT.aml
read on forum somewhere comment by RehabMan
"You should delete DSDT.aml, then rename RSDT-DSDT.aml -> DSDT.aml to satisfy the script."
did that and now logs generated.

Awesome tool.

attached are the logs
your issue:

Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fedc38a93d0 [0x7fffa7ee08e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fedc3981e30 [0x7fffa7ee08e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

How and where to install kexts:

your issue:

Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fedc38a93d0 [0x7fffa7ee08e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fedc3981e30 [0x7fffa7ee08e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

How and where to install kexts:

Thanks a lot Feartech for your direction.
i copied all the kext files to /Library/Extensions/ using Kextbeast
and also used Kext Utility.app to repair permission according to guide.

removed following files as well
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler1.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RTL8812AU9.kext

set audio layout id 1 in config.plist

and everything is working. Thanks a lot once again.

Hi,

I am currently using an ASUS TUF Z390M-Pro Gaming (non WiFi) motherboard running the latest Mojave 10.14.6 using the vanilla method and everything is working perfectly... except Mic input. Used this Vanilla Guide as my starting point.

MB BIOS version: 2401
CPU: Intel i5 9600k
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

My motherboard uses the S1200A audio chipset and only has 3 physical back ports (blue, green, pink) so set my config up to use "layout 3".
Output works perfectly via the front and back green jacks and even over the DP and HDMI ports.

The problem is input! No matter what layout I use (1,2 or 3) the Mic port front or rear is no good. (tried "Line In" as well but no good)
Layout 3 seems to be the closest if I use the rear Mic jack and turn the mic volume to the max the Mic works (barely) but there is so much hiss and static it's unusable.

Isaac

Attachments

• S1200A_Input_Issue.zip
    6 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
AppleALC.kext is what's different
See Mojave AppleHDA Audio/Post #19
Differences:
a. ALC892
b. Procedures/3. Manual Speaker and Headphone selection
Thanks for the help Toleda. I wasn't able to separate the speakers and headphones, but I read on another post where you were helping with a similar issue. All I had to do was switch it to Layout ID 4 with your updated AppleALC kext and it fixed my problem for ALC892. Thank you for the help.

The problem is input! No matter what layout I use (1,2 or 3) the Mic port front or rear is no good. (tried "Line In" as well but no good)
One problem is the purpose of each Audio ID; 2 disables Mic/Rear/Pink and repurposes to Line Out/Rear/orange; do not use
1 and 3 work the same, except 1 shows Line Outs (Black and Orange) that don't exist
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/VII. Audio IDs/Layouts
Audio ID: 3 is configured correctly and working
Make and model of mic?

1. Updated to 10.14.6 Supplemental and the on-board audio - All working fine before. No other changes noticed (USB ports still OK, sleep OK, etc) Audio still works via Displayport and my monitor...
  2. 10.14.6 Supplemental/ASRock Z370 Extreme4/Latest/8600K/RX580
  3. AppleALC originally - Updated all the kexts, changed the audio layouts - No difference.
  4. See attached.

Last edited:
One problem is the purpose of each Audio ID; 2 disables Mic/Rear/Pink and repurposes to Line Out/Rear/orange; do not use
1 and 3 work the same, except 1 shows Line Outs (Black and Orange) that don't exist
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/VII. Audio IDs/Layouts
Audio ID: 3 is configured correctly and working
Make and model of mic?

Thanks for taking a look toleda,

I'm using a pair of Xiaomi Hybrid Pro headphones with Mic (they work fine on my MBP) I've tried 2 different 3.5mm 4 Pole Splitter cables as well but still no difference. This is a complete assumption but it seems like some kind of amp or lack there of issue.

*** Edit **
Reading the git comments on the ALCS1220A (not S1200A) chipset. I thought the issue might be similar to Layout 11 but I could just be talking crap. I'm not experienced with OSX system internals. I'm actually a Java developer :D

Last edited:
Remove FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio.kext and FakePCIID.kext
Restart, reply with new files.

Thanks.

Deleted them, rebuild the kext cache, used onyx to cleanup all the other caches and rebooted - fixed.

I'm using a pair of Xiaomi Hybrid Pro headphones with Mic (they work fine on my MBP) I've tried 2 different 3.5mm 4 Pole Splitter cables as well but still no difference.
Try the splitter with a 3.5 mm mobile phone headset.
Reading the git comments on the ALCS1220A (not S1200A) chipset. I thought the issue might be similar to Layout 11
The developer of 1220/Layout 11 retired years ago. Surprising to see someone else messing with another developer's work. The protocol is to apply modifications to a new layout id with source credit.

Back