Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

following the Customization documentation but can't get past a step because there is no Intel High Definition Audio in my System Information.
Removed in Mojave
Screenshot shows recognized audio devices
Also shows audio device names are wrong; audio is installed incorrectly
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

then 6 different HDMI and non of them working
Suggests Voodoo is installed, off topic.
Remove Voodoo, restart
On board audio: see Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files
HDMI audio: see AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; post to thread linked with requested files attached.

Hello, I hope you will be able to help me as well

Thank you very much for your support, I really appreciate it.
it would be very kind of you if you could help me as well, Thanks a lot in advance

1. Description of audio problem --> I cannot get audio to work, it will not show anything but the apple tv. it worked before, but somehow I broke it....
  2. macOS version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics --> 10.4.5/ asrock p67 pro 3 SE/Bios 2.2/3,29 GHz Intel Core i5/ Radeon RX 580 8 GB
  3. Procedure/Guide Used --> I have thrown just about anything I could find at it. I tried also to find anything and delete that might be in the way. Must have made a mistake somewhere
  4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1 (Attached)
  5. Terminal - 3 commands, attach Terminal output
    1. Code:ioreg -rxn IOHDACodecDevice | grep VendorID --> "IOHDACodecVendorID" = 0x10ec0892
    2. Code: (Attached, see pdf)
      bdmesg
    3. Code: (Attached, see pdf)
      diskutil list
  6. Copy installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (Attached)
  7. Screen shots:
    1. System Preferences/Sound/Input Attached
    2. System Preferences/Sound/Output Attached
  8. Clover
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist Attached

hope to hear from you soon...

Attachments

• audio problem.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
Solved.... Thanks a lot... I wish I would have been able to do this myself this quick.. thank you.

Removed in Mojave
Screenshot shows recognized audio devices
Also shows audio device names are wrong; audio is installed incorrectly
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files
Following the Customization document to separate the headphone and the speakers because the sound keeps cutting out. Audio devices are wrong so I can't figure out how to separate the two.
OSX Version 10.14.5
Motherboard GA-Z97N-WIFI
Intel i5-4690k
Saphire Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB

Attachments

• Dungeon Mac.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
Hey there, I just fresh installed macOS Mojave 10.14.5 on my desktop, but could find any audio output/input device. Previously the audio only worked with front audio jack. I tried bunch of things randomly (mainly deleting/replacing kexts and editing the config.plist) in order to fix the HDMI audio, but somehow there were no output devices at all...
I've included the requested information in the attached zip file as comprehensively as I can.

Hope I could get some help here. Thanks in advance.

Specifications:
CPU: i5-6500
Graphics: Intel HD530
Motherboard: Gigabyte B150M-DS3H. BIOS version: F21. Audio Codec: ALC892

Attachments

• macOS Mojave Audio Info.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
Screenshots show audio devices with correct names

Customization Guide: which step is the problem?
Thanks for the response Toleda. I am trying to separate the mic and internal speakers (audio out). My mobo is ALC892 and following the table in Appendix B it says I should be using Item 10 but my codecID doesn't match. I'm just wondering if something changed with Mojave or if I'm just missing something.

Back