Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

07 00 00 00 was the problem, Injected to 01 00 00 00.
Wrong, broke AppleALC.kext
07 00 00 00 is correct
01 00 00 00 does not exist in Mojave
AppleALC uses alc-layout-id = 01 00 00 00
Remove your fix
Restart, reply with new files.

Wrong, broke AppleALC.kext
07 00 00 00 is correct
01 00 00 00 does not exist in Mojave
AppleALC uses alc-layout-id = 01 00 00 00
Remove your fix
Restart, reply with new files.
Ok sorry, but it is fixed now. This was missing from my .config file
Screenshot_20190125-215027_Chrome.jpg

Now added and rebooted. Full audio now working again. Thanks.

Hi everybody,

first, thanks for this community, it help me a lot, but now I am stuck with a problem.

I've got an Asus Rog Strix H370-F Gaming with an i5 8600K running Mojave 10.14.3 (updated today, started a few days ago with 10.14.2).
I only use the iGPU and no dedicated graphics, and I want to use video and audio via HDMI.

I am having trouble getting any audio to work, as the list of audio devices is empty.
According to newegg and the Asus web site, the board is having the S1220A audio chip.

I tried a couple of methods (Multibeast, RealtekALC, Voodoo), but am now trying to get audio with AppleALC and Lilu.
So, I tried to undo most of the stuff I desperately tried:
- S/L/E contains the vanilla AppleHDA (282.10), that I just extracted from the 10.14.3 installer. I updated the kextcache with 'sudo kextcache -i / && sudo kextcache -u /' and there were NO warning regarding an invalid signature)​
- /L/E does not contain any hackintosh specific kexts.​
- My /EFI/Clover/kexts/other contains:​
-- Lilu 1.3.1​
-- AppleALC 1.3.4​
-- FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectAll, XHCI-unsupported and WhateverGreen​

In the config.plist - Devices - Audio I tried different layout-ids: 1,2,5,7 but none of them worked.
I am also not sure if I should use the 'rename HDAS to HDEF' patch or not.
Please, can anybody give me a hint, I am running out of ideas. (checked BIOS that onboard sound is enabled)
I have never run any other OS on this build, so I never got any audio from the board.
My EFI Folder is attached, is there any other information I can share?
(The Devices - PciRoot(0x0)/... stuff in the config.plist is something I found, it fixed a black screen / no video when booting, but I am not quite sure what it actually does)

Edit: I checked with kextstat that Lilu and AppleALC are loaded, AppleHDA however is NOT loaded (although AppleHDAController and IOHDAFamily are loaded)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 65
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Hi toleda,

thanks for the quick response and sorry for missing that.
However, I was going to try an older graphics card and see if I can get it to work and while working on the motherboard I noticed that the connector for the chassis's front panel audio jacks was not properly connected to the motherboard.

After the reboot I suddenly got HDMI audio as well as the normal audio.
Could that have caused the problem? Anyway, I am glad now that I got it working!

Cheers!

Hello
So before I scramble together all the info needed I just wanted to ask;
Is this the right thread if I can't get any audio to work, including external USB audio interfaces?

Back