Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

I still dont understand what you mean by files and patches only...So multibeast does not install audio kext into L/E or S/L/E? Or where do they store their files to make audio drivers work?
No. The driver is the native AppleHDA and its related Plugins.
The codec is a programable state machine configured with a layout (audio devices), a pathmap (node arrangement) and pin configurations (connector description), stored as files, inside or outside of the native AppleHDA.kext. The patches substitute a native supported codec with the motherboard installed unsupported codec.
so that means the multibeast method worked?
Yes

Dear Toleda,

Please see below the details of the lack of audio since having updated to the latest MacOS - Mojave

I am unable to detect an audio device but have got the codecs present within the system. I'm hoping I have made a small oversight somewhere that can be easily corrected.

My system remains as in my profile but do ask if you need more details. I have done use the existing upgrade guide which uses clover. I have then gone to use the latest Multibeast to install the appleALC.kext but with no success.

Looking forward to hearing from you and many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Sam

Attachments

• 13:01:2019.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
Wrong Library directory, try the same directory System resides (Library is hidden)

AppleALC.kext did not load
Lilu.kext must be in same directory as AppleALC.kext
Remove EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/Lilu.kext
Download latest Lilu.kext and install with KextBeast (suggest both at the same time, always)
Restart, reply with new files.
Morning Toleda,

Found the FakePCI kext and removed it. Also removed AppleALC.kext from S/L/E, rebuilt permissions, and then installed AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext using KextBeast.

Here are the new files.

Attachments

• 190115.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
installed AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext using KextBeast.
AppleALC controller patch is not working
Download latest FakePCIID.kext and install FakePCIID.ket and FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio.kext to L/E with Kext Beast.
Restart, reply with new files.

NO AUDIO DEVICES (other than an Airplace device downstairs in the family room)

Toleda:

I don't know if you are still responding to this thread, but I could really use your help. I've tried to follow your instructions in this post and in Mojave AppleHDA Audio, but to no avail. Perhaps I'm just not Hackintosh savy enough.

Per you instructions. I have assembled all of the information (including a cover memo), put it in a file, compressed it and attached it to this post.

Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated!

quiet_guy

Attachments

• quiet_guy Audio Problem.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 42
Back