Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

AppleALC.kext problem
Try attached AppleALC.kext; verify Lilu.kext_v1.3.1, restart
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files
Thanks Toleda, I installed your appleALc and now suddenly it works. How come? I installed severaL versions of appleALC before..

installed your appleALc and now suddenly it works. How come?
Special build
Need your help to verify several fixes, if interested
Three 887 layouts: 1, 2 and 3
Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1 save and restart, then 2, then 3 and back to 1
For the 3 layouts, after restart, attach IOReg and System Preferences/Sound/Input and Output screenshots
Thanks

Not necessary, .zml files ignored; removed when AppleHDA.kext updated
Agree. That's why I prefaced it with 'if'. As you state, the distribution AppleHDA won't have any layoutx.zml.zlib files

Agree, should be 3.8 MB; Resources has 1 file???

I do not post system files

Not sure about the 3.8MB.
Last test: Removed the AppleHDA.kext, reboot, still no AppleHDA.kext. Reinstalled the 10.14.2. with the combo update. AppleHDA.kext back. Still 3.3MB - No wonder, cause the kext inside of the combo update is also 3.3MB...

What do you mean with 1 file? It's an kext "package" with a lot of files inside.

You could send it also via mail. ;)
To be fair: I do not have an idea where I can find an 3.8MB AppleHDA.kext

Special build
Need your help to verify several fixes, if interested
Three 887 layouts: 1, 2 and 3
Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1 save and restart, then 2, then 3 and back to 1
For the 3 layouts, after restart, attach IOReg and System Preferences/Sound/Input and Output screenshots
Thanks
Thanks! OK, will do, but takes maybe a few days..

@toleda Thank you for all the work you do. I recently upgraded my first build after many years from El Capitan [-> Sierra -> High Sierra ->] to Mojave and was stuck on no sound. Read through pages of this thread and found clues. I needed to add the layout.
  • Xcode/edit: config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/layout

Back