2. System Info:
OSX 10.13.6
Gigabyte H370N
Intel i7-8700
UHD 630

3. Procedure Used:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-multibeast-audio.246618/

Files attached

More context: Did one macOS install; had no audio. Attempted to follow guides to remove prior attempts and couldn't quite trace them. Decided to format and do clean macOS install. Ran Multibeast with no audio, boot from internal drive, installed 100/200/300 series audio. Restarted. Installed ALC1220 driver. Build. Restarted. Still no audio devices (Input or Output) appearing in System Preferences.

I has using pacific to extract the AppleHDA from unibeast usb, and by using kextbeast to install to /system/library/extensions

Were you able to get your onboard audio working?
Hello!

Introduction:

1. Description of Audio Problem
No audio devices recognized

2. System Info:
OSX 10.13.6
Gigabyte H370N
Intel i7-8700
UHD 630

3. Procedure Used:

Files attached

More context: Did one macOS install; had no audio. Attempted to follow guides to remove prior attempts and couldn't quite trace them. Decided to format and do clean macOS install. Ran Multibeast with no audio, boot from internal drive, installed 100/200/300 series audio. Restarted. Installed ALC1220 driver. Build. Restarted. Still no audio devices (Input or Output) appearing in System Preferences.

Lokilim, were you ever able to get your audio to work on the H370N? I'd like to know if it's possible and what approach worked for you.
Hello!

Introduction:

1. Description of Audio Problem
No audio devices recognized

2. System Info:
OSX 10.13.6
Gigabyte H370N
Intel i7-8700
UHD 630

3. Procedure Used:

Files attached

Lokilim, were you ever able to get the H370N audio working? If so, what approach worked for you?

always just assumed I had to go with Realtek on the Mac side.
Realtek does not support macOS audio. The macOS driver is AppleHDA.kext. The "Realtek" solution (codec specific files) configure AppleHDA.kext to support certain Realtek audio codecs. The MultiBeast/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx solution installs the codec specific files in the places required to enable macOS/Realtek audio. The same codec specific files are compiled into AppleALC.kext to enable macOS/Realtek audio. For the same codec and the same layout, either solution offers the same audio devices with the same capabilities.

In summary, there is no Realtek macOS audio driver. There are a couple of ways to enable Realtek codecs for the macOS AppleHDA.kext driver.

1. Description of audio problem:
    No audio devices
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics:
    MacOS Mojave 10.14 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-F / BIOS 4630 / Intel i3-8350K / Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB
  3. Procedure/Guide Used:
    Mojave AppleHDA Audio
  4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (Tools 2.): Attached
  5. Terminal/diskutil list - attach Terminal output: Attached
  6. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (10.11 and newer, search: show hidden files): Attached
  7. Screen shots: All attached
    1. DPCIManager/Status (Tools 3.)
    2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)
    3. System Preferences/Sound/Input
    4. System Preferences/Sound/Output
  8. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . . (if script used): - don't know what this means.
    1. audio_cloverALC-x0.command
  9. Clover: Attached. #3 & #4 N/A
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 3.)
    3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed)
    4. EFI/CLOVER/ACP/Patched/ssdt(s).aml (if installed)
  10. Put all files in a folder, compress and attach to Post: Done.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Attachments.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
Installed MultiBeast audio and installed AppleALC.kext, one disables the other.
Remove MultiBeast audio, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio/2. MultiBeast ...
Follow your reply, it works for me.
Remove other audio, just install AppleALC.kext use "Mojave AppleHDA Audio" guide, the Devices show in System Preferences.
Thanks a lot.

Hi Toleda,
Do you have the updated audio_cloverALC script file that can work with Mojave 10.14.1? I used your audio_cloverALC-130_v0.6.command script for Mojave but seems is not working with this new MacOS update for 10.14.1. Or any workaround that you suggest?. I have the ALC892 chip. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Back