Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

IOReg? Boot log?
My bad, I forgot the IOReg file. Sorry... The boot log.txt was in the archive, though. Heres a new one, hopefully I haven't forgotten anything! Thanks a lot for your time!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
No Audio after installation with Multibeast
New installation of MacOS 10.13.6 with Unibeast on MB GA-Z97-HD3 with I3-4130, 8 GB RAM, onboard graphic HD4400 (sys info). First run of Multibeast without Audio. According to specification of MB the audio chip should be a Realtek887. Therefor I run a second time Multibeast with only 1 selection: Audio Realtek887. After restart no audio.
Ioreg and another info tool (HDAinfo) shows a Realtek892 chipset. How do I get a running audio ?

Attachments

• Prob_HDA.zip
    5 MB · Views: 81
FakePCIID not working, remove both kexts
Download new FakePCIID kexts, install to /L/E/
Restart and reply with new files

Files attached.

When installing to L/E/ terminal output states "Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions" & "kext does not authenticate; omitting", for Fake PCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio kexts. Do I need to install into S/L/E instead?

Attachments

• Rebuild Kext Cache - Terminal Saved Output 3.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Jon’s iMac.ioreg
    31.2 MB · Views: 68
Hi,
I have a ASUS PRIME H310T with audio codec ALC887 from Realtek. I started at "Before You Install Audio" and get diverted to "AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/IX. Unsupported/Non-working AppleHDA Realtek Audio"; I tried both method, replacing "3D70A1" with "3D48A3" (Coffee Lake B/H/Q method, IX.1.4) and "3D70A2" (Kaby Lake method, IX.1.5), in kext patch in my plist (though they do show up as base-64 in the actual plist text), but I still have no audio devices on my macOS 10.13.5. Interestingly my fresh install (and my particular copy of "Install macOS High Sierra") contains no appleHDA.kext, so mine is from this post.

The setup: macOS 10.13.5; ASUS PRIME H310T/CSM, w/ ALC887; ASUS AMI BIOS; i5-8400; UHD630.

All files requested should be in the zip. I did not use any script, and I have neither dsdt.aml nor ssdt.aml(or its versions), so #8, #9.3, and #9.4 are omitted from the zip.

edit: I find that it might help to mention that on previous installs, fakePCIID.kext and/or FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext had caused KP on boot. (I messed that install's plist up later, so I have to reinstall yet again... The current install is up and running happily with only audio not working.)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• ProbRepFiles.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
No Audio after installation with Multibeast
New installation of MacOS 10.13.6 with Unibeast on MB GA-Z97-HD3 with I3-4130, 8 GB RAM, onboard graphic HD4400 (sys info). First run of Multibeast without Audio. According to specification of MB the audio chip should be a Realtek887. Therefor I run a second time Multibeast with only 1 selection: Audio Realtek887. After restart no audio.
Ioreg and another info tool (HDAinfo) shows a Realtek892 chipset. How do I get a running audio ?
After reinstallation and choosing Realtek902 the problem is solved. Audio is working.

Hello!

Introduction:

1. Description of Audio Problem
No audio devices recognized

2. System Info:
OSX 10.13.6
MSI Z170M Mortar Mother Board
Intel i5-6600k
EVGA GTX 1060 SC Gaming

3. Procedure Used:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-multibeast-audio.246618/

Files attached

More context: Did one macOS install; had no audio. Attempted to follow guides to remove prior attempts and couldn't quite trace them. Decided to format and do clean macOS install. Ran Multibeast with no audio, boot from internal drive, installed 100/200/300 series audio. Restarted. Installed ALC892 driver (codec used on my MoBo according to MSI website). Build. Restarted. Still no audio devices (Input or Output) appearing in System Preferences.

Attachments

• Required Files.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hello Again Toleda,

I tried getting my onboard audio back online. The problem as I can see, is that I don't have HDEF, but HDAS. I also tried running the SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-2.aml, but that didn't seem to work.

Please find attached required files.

Many thanks once again.

Attachments

• Onboard Audio.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
Back