Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

I used KextBeast to install the "fake" kexts. Howevet I also tried installing them manually in a previous attempt use manual file operations. Maybe that set incorrect file permissions or something. I had just assumed running the original macos installer would have restored or corrected any such problems, but perhaps not.

As for the duplicate copy of the AppleHDA in the /L/E folder, I can only assume that I accidentally put a copy there during one of my many attempts to get my sound problem fixed.

I'm not sure how my Mac install could have been "damaged". I created a bootable USB using the image download directly from the app store, and I had just rerun the installer before I performed the steps outlined in your last comment. Unless there is maybe something wrong with my USB installer.

I'll try recreating my boot disk and reinstall the os .... perhaps rebuilding the boot partition just to be sure there's no garbage left behind from my previous attempts. I'll let you know how I make out.

Not supported with cloverALC method, uninstall (AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio)
Try AppleALC.kext, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods/2. vit9696/AppleALC

Thanks toleda. AppleALC works! But not fully, only speaker or headphone works, but not both.

Per the document on https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs, it shows the AppleALC supports ALC283 with four layouts: 1, 3, 11, 66.

I tried all of the four layouts:
A. layout 1. I can only see output device as headphone, and the sound from headphone is normal.
B. layout 3, 11, 66. The output device could switch between headphone and internal speaker, and the sound from speaker is normal, however, when connect with headphone, the volume is very low and there are a lot of noise.

Do I need any other fix?

Thanks

1. No audio devices detected
  2. High Sierra 10.13.6/ z370 Aorus Ultragaming v1/ F7h/ i7 8700k/ AMD 580 8GB
  3. Procedure/Guide Used: followed this guide: and @6.2 used the quick fix number 2 and after no luck I tried again multibeast (option number 1)
  4. All files requested are attached.
I'm new to hackintosh, i may ask dumb questions. Hope to get some help

Attachments

• Report.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 74
No audio devices detected
FakePCIID or the patch, not both.
Remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item 5 (Unsupported_Audio_Device_ID_Kaby_Lake)
Restart, reply with new files.

Not a fix. Orange port is not available with Audio ID: 3.

Thanks, but what is orange port? The tiny pc lenovo m93p tiny only has one microphone and one headphone port.

I also tried other layout, 11, 66 all of them works for speaker & headphone, just 66 enables linein instead of internalmic.

617HL0IDoFL._SL1060_.jpg

M93M93p_Tiny_Standard_10.jpg

Hi there, I’m having some difficulties following this guide. At step 7.2, there is no search result for “CodecDevice”. The alternatives indicated at step 7.4 are not for my motherboard chipset series. How should I proceed?

macOS Version: 10.13.6;
Motherboard Model: MSI H87-G43 Gaming (ALC1150, which is supposedly supported);
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690;
GPU: Intel HD 4600 (no dedicated GPU);

SIP is disabled.
HDEF is present.
Audio ID is set to 1.

Requested files are attached as requested.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Adonai's Hackintosh.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
OK - I finally went through the process you suggested. I created a new USB boot partition using UniBeast. Then I re-partitioned my boot disk / ssd and did a clean install of Mac OS. Then I repeated the steps on the Quick Fix page, option #2 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lake-audio-onboard-and-or-hd-6x0-hdmi.221618/) and rebooted. Still no audio device.

I then installed the Nvidia web drivers to get my display working correctly, just in case that may have been indirectly affecting the audio (ie: since the GTX1080 has HDMI audio capabilities) but that did not make any difference either.

Now I've re-generated my logs and attached them here for your review.

Attachments

• forum3.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
Back