Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Still no audio devices shown.
Installed 4 different ways to enable 200 series audio and installed 2 different audio enabling methods. If installing one method fails, every subsequent method also fails.
All methods work, one at a time. Start over, install one method, reply with new files.

No audio interface is detected
Installed 200 Series audio on an 8 Series motherboard, fail
Edit config.plist:
a. set ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddHDMI/NO
b. remove ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 0 (Rename HDAS to HDEF)
c. remove KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item 1 (200_Series-X299_ Audio_Controller)

Save, restart, reply with new files.

Installed 4 different ways to enable 200 series audio and installed 2 different audio enabling methods. If installing one method fails, every subsequent method also fails.
All methods work, one at a time. Start over, install one method, reply with new files.
Thank you for your help Toleda, but there's still no audio devices. I hope that I understood what I had to do, so I removed all but one audio patch from kexts to patch in the clover config file, and a realtekALC.kext file. I still have the FakePCIID kexts, and I also left the Kaby_audio_controller in the kexts to patch in clover. Maybe I should remove that too and try something else? The CloverALC command still doesn't find any codec. Files attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• ThinkClever Audio Info newest.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 67
removed all but one audio patch from kexts to patch in the clover config file
Missed the point; remove the method, means all files effected. Made the mess worse
cloverALC partially removed and AppleALC remains; result, no audio
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio; remove both methods completely
See Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio/Post #1; remove all but one method.
Restart, install one AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods
Restart, reply with new files.

Missed the point; remove the method, means all files effected. Made the mess worse
cloverALC partially removed and AppleALC remains; result, no audio
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio; remove both methods completely
See Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio/Post #1; remove all but one method.
Restart, install one AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods
Restart, reply with new files.

Thank you very much for your help, I totally agree that I have made a mess here, but I am learning a lot at least.

I uninstalled the CloverALC and AppleALC according to the guides you linked. (I didn't remove Lilu.kext since I know it doesn't do anything by itself and I don't remember if any other kexts as using it at the moment).

The only thing I didn't understand was:
"See Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio/Post #1; remove all but one method."
I believe everything except for the fakePCIID kexts were already removed, so those were the ones I kept. I am really sorry if I misunderstood again.

Lastly I restarted and tried to install the cloverALC.command and got the message that MacOS does not support HDAS, so I installed the "change HDAS to HDEF" clover patch under DSDT/Patches as it suggested, and got the same message as before (included in attached file).

Is there something I am missing here? I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• ThinkClever Audio Info 2018-05-08.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 81
believe everything except for the fakePCIID kexts were already removed, so those were the ones I kept.
FakePCIID is not working, remove
Install latest FakePCIID or select a different method from the linked thread

FakePCIID is not working, remove
Install latest FakePCIID or select a different method from the linked thread

Ok, thanks. Removed previous FakePCIID kexts and installed new ones with KextBeast. (I probably don't need the intel HDMI kext but installed anyways since I haven't seen anyone on the forum only installing one of them. Is it correct that I don't need that if I'm not using the HDMI port?).

After reboot, no difference. Everything same as before. (I don't personally know how to check if the FakePCIID kext is fully functional).

Removed the FakePCIID kexts again to try another method from your linked thread.

Tried AppleALC but I have a few questions regarding the procedure.

Do the bullet points describe something I have to do or is it something the kexts does?

This is what I did:
Checked audio codec for my motherboard = ALC892, checked the audio injector in clover was set to 1.

I don't understand the other bullet points such as:
What is the codec files that should be included? Included in what?
The fourth bullet point "injects pinconfigs" isn't something I have to do right? That's just something the kext is doing?
And the same goes for the "patch kernel cache" I guess. Something lilu does and I don't have to do?

Here is what I'm talking about from your guide:
  1. Kexts
    1. AppleALC
    2. Lilu
      • patch kernel cache
I could remove this and try multicast instead but since I don't know if I'm doing this correctly, I want to check with you first before I mess everything up again.

I include new files but I didn't run the CloverALC this time obviously.

Attachments

• ThinkClever Audio Info 2018-05-08 new.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 93
Back