Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Can you spot any mistakes in the files?
Boot log is not complete, attach the complete boot log.
What is there does not show the audio patches.
Boot log and config.plist are not from the same boot.
Try again: restart, make all new files and attach.

Last edited:
Audio Detected But No Sound Output After High Sierra Upgrade (Realtek 887 on ASUS H97M-E)
  1. Description of audio problem: Upgraded from Sierra (10.12.6) to High Sierra (10.13.1). The system was running with proper audio output but after the upgrade the audio device seems to have been installed but there is no sound. I can see that the system has enabled the audio (see attached screenshot).
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics: ASUS H97M-E MB with Realtek 887 Audio (Specification: https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/H97ME/specifications/)
  3. Procedure/Guide Used: Installed Realtek 887/888b Drivers using MultiBeast for High Sierra.
  4. PFA the requested files/screenshots/logs for troubleshooting

Attachments

• Arindam iMac14,2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 75
I have a unique Realtek laptop codec that is identified as ALC294 by linux dump. After getting an Audio ID of 3 by patching the DSDT and using the native AppleHDA.kext, devices are detected in System Report but Sound Pane in System Preferences shows no audio output and input.

Specs:
OS X Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Laptop Model: ASUS X542U
Processor: Intel i5-7200U
Graphics: Intel HD 620

At first, I tried using the updated FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext to no avail. I also tried cloverALC and AppleALC+Lilu methods even though my codec is not yet supported. I tried using AppleHDA Patcher as well hoping that other types of laptop codecs close to mine (290,292, & 295) might give a solution. I have never tried doing a manual patch myself. Using the latest VoodooHDA.kext lets the internal speaker and mic work sometimes.

Attached is a zip of all files required for problem reporting. I hope you can help me out on this. Thanks!

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
Boot log is not complete, attach the complete boot log.
What is there does not show the audio patches.
Boot log and config.plist are not from the same boot.
Try again: restart, make all new files and attach.

Oops, sorry about that. I'm not sure I'm getting the log files correctly, but the version in the attached should be more comprehensive than in the previous. Have tried through Console but don't see the option in Problem Reporting Step 5 (Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)/File/Save a Copy As..), is there a different way to get the info you require?

For this, I just restarted (no clean install or changes) from my last clean install, for which the process I used is reprinted below so you don't have to scroll back:
  1. In existing install with no audio devices: mount EFI and delete EFI folder
  2. Restart, boot from USB in BIOS, USB in Clover
  3. Disk Utility: wipe boot drive
  4. Install OS X
  5. During install process, two automatic restarts, in both cases: boot from USB in BIOS, boot drive in Clover
  6. Complete install process, run MultiBeast for Clover, FakeSMC plugins, network, system definition (iMac 13,2)
  7. Restart, boot from boot drive in BIOS, boot drive in Clover
  8. Mount EFI
  9. Copy cloverALC folder to desktop
  10. Run cloverALC, detected 892 "y", inject "y", Audio ID 1 "y"
  11. Restart

Thanks very much for your help

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 77
  • audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 64
Back