Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Try removing and installing the patch, restart.
Reply with new files.
Ok, here is what I interpret "removing and reinstalling" to mean:
> rm /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml
> mv $HOME/Downloads/ssdt_hdef-1-100-hdas/SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
[then reboot]

Is that correct? All the files look the same as what I uploaded. Apologies if there is something else to do when I remove or install.

No ideas. Not clear:
why Clover is installed to 2 drives.
why the EFI partitions are not named EFI.
what Clover is doing.
For 10.13 audio, suggest clean install.
I alway keep the new version and the last version of MACOS on two different physical drives so when I upgrade I can go back if something turns out bad. So I use Carbon Copy to clone the known good working partition to the other Drive then I upgrade. That is how I got to the situation I am in. I have always kept a copy of an EFI partition on the drive I am using to load an OS in case there is some issue. I can disable all of the boot drives except the one I want to load to insure the clover path I want gets used. But there is an odd thing that in the BIOS a boot entry exists for MACOS and I don't have any drives with a name like that so I am perplexed by which dive it loads when pointed there.

I alway keep the new version and the last version of MACOS on two different physical drives so when I upgrade I can go back if something turns out bad
Appropriate
I have always kept a copy of an EFI partition on the drive I am using to load an OS in case there is some issue.
??
USB is a more appropriate rescue drive
But there is an odd thing that in the BIOS a boot entry exists for MACOS and I don't have any drives with a name like that so I am perplexed by which dive it loads when pointed there.
Why would you select MACOS to boot?

Hi,

I'm running Gigabyte GA-H270-Gaming 3 (which has ALC 1220 for audio) - BIOS F6 - Gigabyte GTX 1050 - i5-7600 . High Sierra installation works great - except there are no audio devices. Ideally I would be able to output via hdmi.

I'm trying to follow https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764 - which lead me to https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/[Guide]-Add_or_Edit_HDEF-dsdt.pdf.

I've found that I have no HDEF in my IO Registry. Trying fix using MACIASL. I've dumped my dsdt.aml by hitting f4 at the clover boot and I decompiled the dsdt.aml via iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml. Iasl does give a warning "There were 38 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 30 were resolved". Attachment has full iasl output.

When I open the dsdt.dsl file in MaciASL and compile, I get 3 errors (see attachment). Adding the Clean Compile patch does not help.

Any suggestions? My dsdt.dsl is also attached.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
  • iasl output.png
    iasl output.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 81
  • maciasl error.png
    maciasl error.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 66
No audio/sound, no devices etc... Worked prior to TRYING to upgrade to 10.13.3

Attachments

• Fixaudio.zip
    408.5 KB · Views: 84
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

DpciManager app: can't download due to site saying it's infected with malware.
added more files. Please advise if any more are missing.
on osx 10.12.6

used your link for DPCIMananger Download. No issues there. Added DPCIManager screenshot.

Attachments

• Fixaudio.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
Back