Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Hello everyone! i have a mid 2009 macbook pro running High Sierra 10.13.3. and i have searched everywhere trying to find a fix for no audio. When i plug in my headphones and switch the output to input my internal speakers work. i tried the voodoo trick but then my mic stop working . can someone please point me in the right direction of getting this fixed

Have not figured out what is wrong.
While I never did figure out was actually wrong, I did get this working.

Procedure:

1. Completely remove all VoodooHDA related components, including from any Time Machine or CCC backups (and/or anything the system can directly reference). Reference.
2. Install a restored copy of AppleHDA.kext (put on desktop, using KextBeast to install to S/L/E). Reference. In High Sierra, using Pacifist, you can find AppleHDA.kext in the same directory into which it installs.
3. Undo any changes from previous attempts at getting sound working, if you have done anything.
4. If you have any AppleHDA references in your Clover Config.plist Kexts to Patch section, either remove or disable them (removing is generally recommended).
5. Rebuild cache & restart. All on-board audio references should be missing.
6. CodecCommander.kext, Lilu.kext, and Fake_PCIID.kext were already in place, . I don't know if they are/are not necessary (particularly CodecCommander.kext), but that's what's on my system. I have these in E/C/k/o. Restart if you install these.
7. Use option II.2. from the Audio guide, and ONLY II.2 - NOT 1 or 3. I put AppleALC in E/C/k/o.
8. Restart. You should have audio devices and no sound.
9. Edit your Clover config.plist as per #2, third bullet, in Quick Fix guide. I did not execute the first/second bullets.
10. Restart.

You should have sound.

Last edited:
Hello! I've had no sound on multiple fresh installs of 10.13.3 and nothing I've been able to find seems to help. Running on an Asrock H97m-itx/ac (BIOS 1.90) w/ an i5 4790 & EVGA's GTX 980 SC edition. I've tried both the cloverALC method (3 fresh installs) and MultiBeast (4 fresh installs) and I've never had sound. Interestingly enough, the audio id is set to 1 on first boot, but on subsequent boots it's set to 0 no matter what I do.

Attachments

• Audio Debug.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 91
Interestingly enough, the audio id is set to 1 on first boot, but on subsequent boots it's set to 0 no matter what I do.
Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
That is the problem
Install ssdt_hdef-1-with_ioreg:hdef.zip to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Restart and reply with new files

Hi toleda,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for your audio guide. It is really detailed and helpful.
I am stuck on this Line In mic issue, and would appreciate some help.

1. I followed the guide for audio and managed to get audio working. However, my microphone doesn't seem to be working. Input remains as "Internal Microphone" even though I have plugged in a Mic into the pink line in jack (mb and front). Googled and can't find any solution.

2. MacOS ver: High Sierra v10.13.3.
SMBIOS: 17,1
Mobo: Asus Z170i Pro Gaming.
CPU: i5-6600k
Graphics: GTX1070

3. I used MultiBeast and installed ALC1150, Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio, 100/200/300 Series Audio Support

Previously was using Sierra 14,2 with no issues.
Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Input remains as "Internal Microphone" even though I have plugged in a Mic into the pink line in jack (mb and front).
Normal
used MultiBeast and installed ALC1150, Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio
Audio ID: 2 is for motherboards with 3 audio ports; repurposes motherboard audio inputs to audio outputs for 5.1 audio.
Your motherboard has 5 audio ports, use Audio ID: 1.
MultiBeast, select ALC1150 and 100/200/300 Series Audio Support only.

Normal

Audio ID: 2 is for motherboards with 3 audio ports; repurposes motherboard audio inputs to audio outputs for 5.1 audio.
Your motherboard has 5 audio ports, use Audio ID: 1.
MultiBeast, select ALC1150 and 100/200/300 Series Audio Support only.

How can I delete the "Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio"? I have just used MultiBeast to rebuild ALC1150 and 100/200/300 Series Audio Support only, but my Microphone still doesn't work.

How can I delete the "Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio"? I have just used MultiBeast to rebuild ALC1150 and 100/200/300 Series Audio Support only, but my Microphone still doesn't work.

MultiBeast tells you what it is doing for the selections that you make :

Multi.png

You should edit your config.plist as per Post #490,
change Devices/Audio/Inject=2 to Devices/Audio/Inject=1
and MultiBeast, select ALC1150 and 100/200/300 Series Audio Support only.

MultiBeast tells you what it is doing for the selections that you make :

View attachment 313548

You should edit your config.plist as per Post #490,
change Devices/Audio/Inject=2 to Devices/Audio/Inject=1
and MultiBeast, select ALC1150 and 100/200/300 Series Audio Support only.

Oh yes, I kinda missed that part. Thank you for enlightening me. I changed it to 1 and my problem is fixed. Thank you so much once again!!! =D

Back