i5 9400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place

1. Problem: I have working audio but I have squelchy squeaky sounds when no sound/music playing. I am using good quality 3.5mm cable and speakers, no issue in Windows
2. mac OS 10.15.4, Z390 M Gaming, BIOS F9g, RX580 GPU
3. I have Lilu and ALC 1.4.7 in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other - have also tried ALC 1.4.8, sound working but squelching/squeaking noises
4. Attached in debug
5. Attached
6. Attached
7. Attached
8. Attached in debug
Note, Boom Audio is a system wide graphic equaliser, whether enabled/disabled, installed/uninstalled, I get the same issue

Attachments

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

I'm using a chinese X99 board with Realtek ALC662 chip.
I'm not getting any audio using AppleALC
Tested Layout 1,2,3,5,7
is there a way to be able to have sound with Apple driver not using Voodoo?
Thanks

Motherboard
Asus TUF Z370-Plus Gaming
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
According to the IORegistryExplorer it looks like AppleALC is working.

According to the documentation of AppleALC, there are multiple things that should be changed in your config.plist, but I tried on my system and those things doesn't work for me. (this includes getting rid of the rename HDAS to HDEF and also setting the audio inject in the properties box below instead of the usual drop down menu in clover configurator).

(...)

Now, Toleda is a better source than me for help but I thought this could help you a bit faster. :)
First of all, excuse me for my late response. Better late than never, however.

I got lost on the translation of your second paragraph, and I don't know how should I get rid of the "rename HDAS to HDEF"

I would also like to add that now my audio is working but weirdly and that I haven't changed anything since then. After I boot my computer, it starts working only after waking it up from sleep IF Safari and Preview are not open.

Motherboard
Toshiba Dynabook R632/G
CPU
Intel Core i5-3427U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi, I hope you support laptop audio in this thread.
1. My audio device is completely undetected, unless using voodooHDA. In voodooHDA, working flawlessly except the HDMI Audio. I want to enable the HDMI Audio.
2. macOS 10.15.5 Beta (19F62f) on Toshiba R632/G with 7 series board, ALC269VC V2 codec, Intel Core i5-3427U, Bios V7.00, Intel HD4000 Graphics.
3. I have followed 2 methods so far: AppleALC way and Mirone Audio Patcher's way. None of them gives any luck.
4. Attached.
5. Attached.
6. I lost the original AppleHDA (my bad), and pulled one from 10.15.3 installer, attached
7. Attached
8. Attached

Edit: As I tried more layout-id, it keep giving "error neither alc-layout-id nor layout-id is found in configuration" error.
Edit2: I figured out that I have injected layout-id properties in 2 different places (Device>Audio>Inject and Device>Properties) so I eliminated Device>Audio>Inject and used Device>Properties instead. And I also tried to change the string from "layout-id" to "alc-layout-id" and redo injecting, but still no luck.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
OSX 10.11.5
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780 x2
Mac
iMac
Problem: Audio was working fine. Suddenly on start up, no audio devices detected. Audio works fine on Windows HD. USB audio headset works

Mac OS: High Sierra 10.13.6

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87 OC Force

Processor: Intel Core i7

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

files attached as requested. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Something weird just happend: I transfered apps and documents from another build using the migration assistant, I think this way some ketxs were trasfered by mistake as well and now audio device is not showing. The strange thing is that my wifi card, that isn't supposed to be supported, now works (TP-Link T6E). Can you help me get audio back? I've tried installing with Multibeast or with KextBeast, but it doesn't seem to do anything, i checked in L/E and in doesn't install any new kext (I think it's not getting the files from the desktop for some reason).

Thank you in advance

Troubleshooting files attached

My build:
macOS 10.14.6
Gigabyte z390 ud (latest BIOS 10e)
Core i7 9700
Integrated graphics 630

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Tuf Z390 Pro wifi
CPU
Intel I9 9900
Graphics
Shaphire Radeon 580
Hello. I followed all the instructions and videos I could find on internet. The last steps I followed were next ones:

Remove appleHDA.kext using Terminal.​
Extract a Vanilla appleHDA.kext from a Catalina Mac Os installer using pacifist.​
Install the original appleHDA.kext using hackintool kext installer utility.​
Reboot​
Then install latest versions of appleALC.kext and LiLu.kext int the Efi/clover/kext/others folder. Using Clover configurator.​
Then opening config.plist and setting the layout in 1. Later I tried 2, and finally 3. Then I clicked on "Reset HDA" and patched "change HDAS to HDEF". As a note, in the list of patches I also have "rename HDAS to HDEF" but I click on disable.​
I Have an Asus Tuf Plus Gaming Wifi. Audio Codec is Realtek S1200A, or at least is supposed to be. I have noted that some people using the same motherboard have functional audio, so I guess it is posible and I am not doing something right.​

The rest of the build is:

Catalina 10.15.5
Intel I9900
Shaphire Radeon 580

Thank you for your help in advance.