Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Last edited:
Hi! My sound card is realtek ALC294. But i cannot get my mic and speaker work together.
Using hackintool method (AppleALC && Lilu),
I have two different result based on 4 different layout ID.
ID 11,12: Only Internal speaker working; Internal mic & earphone mic & audio are not working.
ID 13,21: Internal mic & earphone mic & audio are working. Only Internal Speaker not working.
It is just like there are just dependent on each other. Any ideas? Or maybe someone help me to patch applealc.kext thanks!
Screenshot 2019-07-27 at 12.12.40 PM.png

After using 2 days of learning, i have managed to make a layout-id myself and it was success.

Last edited:
Issue : no audio devices in input and output since upgrade to Mojave

Mojave 10.14.6/Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5/BIOS version 2.0-FD/Intel 6-core 3.33GHz 980x/Sapphire pulse Radeon RX 580 8 GB

tried following things , but i think first i audio need to show in sound preferences -> input and output

First did I

then used II .A to install the kext Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext latest version

tried both layout 1 and 3

not sure if my system is legacy but i see Azalia is in BIOS setting

used , see IX. Unsupported/Non-working AppleHDA Realtek Audio,

I apply Legacy/Azalia - Rename AZAL to HDEF in plist using clover

did following as well

X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio
- Remove audio by method - clover
  1. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib
    • or install native AppleHDA.kext with a kext installer (see III. Tools/KextBeast)
  2. config.plist/.../KextsToPatch/AppleHDA (3x)
  3. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.xx or other/realtekALC.kext

another thing there were no zml.zlib file , but there are xml.zlib files do i have to remove *.xml.zlib files ?

nothing worked , please suggest attached are the requested logs

Attachments

• audio_reporting.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Issue : no audio devices in input and output since upgrade to Mojave

Mojave 10.14.6/Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5/BIOS version 2.0-FD/Intel 6-core 3.33GHz 980x/Sapphire pulse Radeon RX 580 8 GB

tried following things , but i think first i audio need to show in sound preferences -> input and output

First did I

then used II .A to install the kext Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext latest version

tried both layout 1 and 3

not sure if my system is legacy but i see Azalia is in BIOS setting

used , see IX. Unsupported/Non-working AppleHDA Realtek Audio,

I apply Legacy/Azalia - Rename AZAL to HDEF in plist using clover

did following as well

X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio
- Remove audio by method - clover
  1. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib
    • or install native AppleHDA.kext with a kext installer (see III. Tools/KextBeast)
  2. config.plist/.../KextsToPatch/AppleHDA (3x)
  3. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.xx or other/realtekALC.kext

another thing there were no zml.zlib file , but there are xml.zlib files do i have to remove *.xml.zlib files ?

nothing worked , please suggest attached are the requested logs
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:
Thank you Feartech for guidance. Sorry it took a while to generate logs. somehow the files which were getting created in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin didn't added DSDT.aml was adding RSDT.aml
read on forum somewhere comment by RehabMan
"You should delete DSDT.aml, then rename RSDT-DSDT.aml -> DSDT.aml to satisfy the script."
did that and now logs generated.

Awesome tool.

attached are the logs

Attachments

• debug_13416.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Probably wrong thread.

Last edited:
Thank you Feartech for guidance. Sorry it took a while to generate logs. somehow the files which were getting created in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin didn't added DSDT.aml was adding RSDT.aml
read on forum somewhere comment by RehabMan
"You should delete DSDT.aml, then rename RSDT-DSDT.aml -> DSDT.aml to satisfy the script."
did that and now logs generated.

Awesome tool.

attached are the logs
your issue:

Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fedc38a93d0 [0x7fffa7ee08e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fedc3981e30 [0x7fffa7ee08e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

How and where to install kexts:

your issue:

Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fedc38a93d0 [0x7fffa7ee08e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fedc3981e30 [0x7fffa7ee08e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

How and where to install kexts:

Thanks a lot Feartech for your direction.
i copied all the kext files to /Library/Extensions/ using Kextbeast
and also used Kext Utility.app to repair permission according to guide.

removed following files as well
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler1.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RTL8812AU9.kext

set audio layout id 1 in config.plist

and everything is working. Thanks a lot once again.

Back