Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Rebuild kext cache, Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Save Terminal output
Restart
Reply with Terminal output and new Problem Reporting files
Thanks Toleda! Kext Cache rebuilt. Output attached.

Attachments

• Kext Cache Output.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 86
Output attached.
Output:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fac2eb9a500 [0x7fffa13668e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver" }
Restore native AppleHDA.kext
Restart, reply with new Problem Reporting files

Output:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fac2eb9a500 [0x7fffa13668e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver" }
Restore native AppleHDA.kext
Restart, reply with new Problem Reporting files
Toleda you were sent down from heaven. Thank you so much that fixed it.
To restore the native AppleHDA kext, I downloaded the latest combo update 10.14.5 and then used Pacifist to extract the native AppleHDA kext. Then used KextBeast to install the native AppleHDA and rebuilt kext cache and restarted. Works perfectly. Thank you for all you do!

Hi Toleda, I made a direct update from HS 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14.5. All went smooth but audio.
Now I can see in sound preferences only my 2 monitors output (and apple tv) but no motherboard option.
Tried method A and B of your guide. It worked for my other Hack but not for this one.
This one is a Skylake on a z170x UD 5 TH gigabyte MB with a 1150 codec. GPU is a vega 64.
Bios is the latest.
Tried also to make a combo update again of 10.14.5.
Extracted with Pacifist the AppleHDA.kext from combo update.
In the attached file there is also the terminal output coming from cache rebuild.
Thanks a lot!
Alex

Attachments

• For Toleda.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 124
Extracted with Pacifist the AppleHDA.kext from combo update
AppleHDA.kext in combo update is incomplete. As the instructions note, the only place to get a complete AppleHDA.kext is from the installer .dmg.
Replace installed AppleHDA.kext with a complete version, restart, reply with new files.

AppleHDA.kext in combo update is incomplete. As the instructions note, the only place to get a complete AppleHDA.kext is from the installer .dmg.
Replace installed AppleHDA.kext with a complete version, restart, reply with new files.

Hi Toleda,
here the updated files.
Thanks again!

Attachments

• For Toleda 2.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 122
Remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item 0 (10.8-AppleHDA-Realtek-ALC1150)
Restart, reply with new files

Hi toleda, here the new files.
Thanks!
A.

Attachments

• For Toleda 3.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
new files
Rebuilt kextcache, Terminal:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Save Terminal output