Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Missed: Remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 1/Rename HDAS to HDEF (duplicate)
Two choices (choose one)
1. Update AppleALC.kext_v1.3.4 and Lilu.kext_v1.3.1 with KextBeast
2. Try Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio/Method 2

Restart, reply with new files.

I'm not able to remove "Rename HDAS to HDEF": when I right clic on it there are just "copy" and "paste". Backspace doesn't work too. How do I do that?

I'm not able to remove "Rename HDAS to HDEF": when I right clic on it there are just "copy" and "paste". Backspace doesn't work too. How do I do that?

Select the patch so that it is highlighted, then click the minus sign on the right :

Remove.png

Missed: Remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 1/Rename HDAS to HDEF (duplicate)
Two choices (choose one)
1. Update AppleALC.kext_v1.3.4 and Lilu.kext_v1.3.1 with KextBeast
2. Try Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio/Method 2

Restart, reply with new files.

Okay thanks to P1LGRIM I managed to remove "rename HDAS to HDEF"
Now I've found apple alc kext 1.3.4, but I'm not finding anywhere lilu kext 1.3.1. There isn't in the site neither in other sites, I only find older versions. Could you please link me this version of the lilu kext?

Then, when I ll have the kexts, if I wan to update em via Kextbeast, I only need to have them on the desktop and go straight with the "ok" and "agree" in the app of kextbeasts? I hope I've been clear enough.

Thank you

Missing config.plist
Did not uninstall previous MultiBeast method
See Mojave AppleHDA Audio/Post #1/Uninstall Previous Audio Methods
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have done as such and found that the sound returned but now it seems to have gone again. I’ll post new files once I’ve had a look to see if there is a reason why.

Okay thanks to P1LGRIM I managed to remove "rename HDAS to HDEF"
Now I've found apple alc kext 1.3.4, but I'm not finding anywhere lilu kext 1.3.1. There isn't in the site neither in other sites, I only find older versions. Could you please link me this version of the lilu kext?

Then, when I ll have the kexts, if I wan to update em via Kextbeast, I only need to have them on the desktop and go straight with the "ok" and "agree" in the app of kextbeasts? I hope I've been clear enough.

Thank you
You should still have rename HDAS to HDEF. Apparently you had it twice in your config.plist. Toleda's comment was to remove the duplicate. lilu 1.3.1 is @ https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/releases

Post #1615 wasn't addressed to me
My mistake
I removed AppleALC because you said in post #1605 the "AppleALC controller patch is not working". Should I not have removed it?
No.
Or should I have removed both the AppleALC and Lilu.kexts?
No.
I also have Lilu v1.3.1 installed in S/L/E.
Remove, install to /L/E
Install AppleALC to /L/E
Restart, reply with new files

You should still have rename HDAS to HDEF. Apparently you had it twice in your config.plist. Toleda's comment was to remove the duplicate. lilu 1.3.1 is @ https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/releases

I only removed the duplicate. Maybe my message could be misunderstood.
Anyway I tried to install apple alc and lily via KextBeast but audio still not working.

Attachments

• TM FILES 3.zip
    1 MB · Views: 52
I only removed the duplicate. Maybe my message could be misunderstood.
Anyway I tried to install apple alc and lily via KextBeast but audio still not working.
Are you certain you have the distribution unaltered AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E ?
You should have the XHCI-270-Series-injector.kext as well as the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in /L/E
I tweaked the config.plist for you to try. Don't replace your config.plist, just add this to the efi folder and select it at boot time.

Attachments

• config2.plist
    6 KB · Views: 60
My mistake

No.

No.

Remove, install to /L/E
Install AppleALC to /L/E
Restart, reply with new files

All done, herewith the new files.

Attachments

• 190122.zip