Contribute
Register

No Audio Device - OptiPlex 5070 SFF - OpenCore 0.6.2 - Catalina 10.15.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your config.plist, you have the audio-id set in DeviceProperties and a conflicting "alcid=99" setting in boot arguments.

Only use one method, not both.
Yes that was a mistake
I booted multiple times only with the setting in Device Properties, but still nothin. Is it anything with my ACPIs?

Yes that was a mistake
I booted multiple times only with the setting in Device Properties, but still nothin. Is it anything with my ACPIs?

I don't know if your system needs all those SSDTs... Mine only needs PMC and PLUG. An unnecessary HPET SSDT may cause problems.

I don't know if your system needs all those SSDTs... Mine only needs PMC and PLUG. An unnecessary HPET SSDT may cause problems.
No luck there either. I rebuilt my .aml files using SSDTTime (now only PLUG & PMC in ACPI folder), rebuilt my config.plist, tried all layouts and still no audio devices.

No luck there either. I rebuilt my .aml files using SSDTTime (now only PLUG & PMC in ACPI folder), rebuilt my config.plist, tried all layouts and still no audio devices.

I really don't know what else to try...

I think the 7070 SFF and 5070 SFF have the same audio device.

It had worked fine in Catalina with Clover bootloader and layout-id 11.
the Clover EFI here:

Just fresh installed BigSur with Opencore 0.6.3 on my Optiplex 7070 SFF, met the same problem with Audio.
AppleALC with id 11 doesn't work anymore, weird.

Seems it's caused by IRQ conflicts.

Although Opencore doesn't have the hotpatches like Clover, the conflicts can be patched manually with SSDTTime.
I've generated SSDT-HPET.aml for my 7070SFF and now the audio works just fine with layout id 11.

here is my updated EFI

Last edited:
Seems it's caused by IRQ conflicts.

Although Opencore doesn't have the hotpatches like Clover, the conflicts can be patched manually with SSDTTime.
I've generated SSDT-HPET.aml for my 7070SFF and now the audio works just fine with layout id 11.

here is my updated EFI
Thanks for this! I realized I didn't patch the HPET lines in OC and ran into audio issues!

I also had issue with Optiplex (3050 SFF) where the alcid=11 didn't work by default.

But I finally got it working working. I followed the instructions at SSDTs: The easy way.

Booted Linux live, git-cloned SSDTTime, ran it (python SSDTTime), dumped DSDT (#8), then ran FixHPET (#1), grabbed the files from ./Result, put the .aml into my EFI/OC/ACPI, merged patches_OC.plist with my config.plist, rebooted and tadah, audio works. I was post poning this for a while, glad I finally got it sorted. Thanks webleon for the pointing in the right direction. This was my third attempt at getting it going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back