Contribute
Register

No audio device detected on AC97 or HDMI (GA-Z77X-UD3H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
650 ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
It doesn't matter which way I try to use it, there is no audio device detected with this mobo using Multibeast, and I'm using the correct way in Multibeast. I have been able to get sound to work using Voodoo once, but it always causes KP, so I have to scrap it. =/ I'm really beginning to regret getting this mobo since it has so many problems like the audio problem and not being able to overclock it. :(

I have even tried a USB Audio thingee, and while it gives me sound, the mic part won't work. This is just so frustrating coming from a mobo that I was able to do anything on, but it got possessed so I had to replace it.

I'm not using a dsdt, and I really don't care if it's hd audio or not, I just want to be able to hear and use my mic most of all. I want to be able to use Ventrillo to talk, and not having a mic is a big deal for me. I have looked at this thread a little bit:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/763...ast-no-audio-solutions-problem-reporting.html

But it is so complicated and is talking about a dsdt and everything. Am I going to have to make one even though I don't need one with this mobo? Could someone please help me in plain terms how to get audio to work with the mic as well? Again, I don't care if it's hd audio or not, just want it working. Frustrating that the audio doesn't work on either of the plugins, hd or ac97. ><

But it is so complicated and is talking about a dsdt and everything. Am I going to have to make one even though I don't need one with this mobo? Could someone please help me in plain terms how to get audio to work with the mic as well? Again, I don't care if it's hd audio or not, just want it working. Frustrating that the audio doesn't work on either of the plugins, hd or ac97. ><
OS X only works with HD audio. The root cause of your problem is your VIA codec. The only solution for that codec in MultiBeast is Voodoo. If that doesn't work, search for ML/VIA VT2021 solutions.

Hi, the question is from 4 months ago, but in case it's of any use to anyone, I have no problem using a Logitech S-150 usb speaker and a C270 webcam for microphone.
At one point I had hdmi audio working, but it disappeared again after some os-x upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back