Contribute
Register

no audio device after installing Catalina Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI (rev. 1.0)
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just upgraded to Catalina public beta 3, glad to see itunes gone. However, I now have no audio devices found after reboot. My system was working with Mojave, I have an Aorus Z370 gaming WiFi motherboard. A little afraid to break things with MultiBeast or Hackintools. Any advice?

I just upgraded to Catalina public beta 3, glad to see itunes gone. However, I now have no audio devices found after reboot. My system was working with Mojave, I have an Aorus Z370 gaming WiFi motherboard. A little afraid to break things with MultiBeast or Hackintools. Any advice?
Solved: using hackintool I updated AppleALC and Lilu to the latest releases, rebooted.

Worked fo me too! :)

Just installed Catalina. No problems at all with the install, but I have the same issue - have lost my HDMI audio, which worked fine under Mojave. Did the above, installed Lilu 1.3.8 and AppleALC 1.4.2 - still no sound, however. Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Tried adding WhateverGreen as well. This did not fix the "no HDMI audio" problem, and in fact causes VirtualBox to crash the system.

Do you still have to have edits/patches in Clover if you use Hackintool to install AppleALC, LIlu and Whatevergreen kexts in L/E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back