CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm about to pull my hair out. Just updated to Yosemite & no audio (everything else works perfect). I'm on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard (ALC889) and I've tried several things in the AppleHDA Guide, tried kexts from older MB releases, & other patches. I've attached a screenshot of my Boot.plist just in case.

To be honest most of the stuff in the AppleHDA Guide confused me.. if anyone could point me to an easier way to get this to work I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
-Jared

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 12.25.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 12.25.21 PM.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 590
Finally fixed the problem with some randomness. Deleted HDEF Layout ID & HDAEnabler from my Boot.plist and then reinstalled the ALC889 kext from the latest version of MB. Hope this will help anyone with the same problem.

Excuse me for this base question. What is the path to Boot.plist, it's been a while since I edited a plist.

Nevermind, found the answer. It was just a search away.

Same here, GA z68xp-ud3p with ALC 889.
I've learned that we must create our own DSDT and patch it from some other MaciASL repos, but I'm still trying to figure out the easiest way to do all that.

If there is a pro with z68 chip that made everything work, please answer us and ENLIGHTEN US!:rolleyes:

Thanks!

I'm about to pull my hair out. Just updated to Yosemite & no audio (everything else works perfect). I'm on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard (ALC889) and I've tried several things in the AppleHDA Guide, tried kexts from older MB releases, & other patches. I've attached a screenshot of my Boot.plist just in case.

To be honest most of the stuff in the AppleHDA Guide confused me.. if anyone could point me to an easier way to get this to work I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
-Jared

Just figured it out! I forgot I have downloaded from http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html a pre-built DSDT for my mobo (there is for yours also). I've used that file when I first ran Multibeast after Yosemite install.

1. I've copied that to my EXTRAS as DSDT.aml, added to my bootlist:
Code:
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
2. Rebooted.
3. Used Multibeast to install ALC889 and nothing else (implying you did install all other drivers and stuff before).
4. Rebooted.
5. ?????
6. PROFIT!

Audio is working. System is stable, for now :D

I'm getting crazy.
I've been trying for an hour already to get the sound working, all the rest seem to work perfect.

I got my DSDT file, I see that it gets patched (timestamp of last change changes to current time)
My Boot.plist has the right stuff (I think). And still nothing.
Here is my Boot.plist file.

Hope someone can help me
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>2560x1440x32@60</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And SOLVED :)

Seems that for some strange reason the sound output was set to Optical Out, while it should've been just standard 'Internal speakers'

Man, such a stupid thing to spend hours searching for.
Anyway, if anyone else has no sound, first check Sound in Settings, to make sure that the correct sound output is selected :)

And SOLVED :)

Seems that for some strange reason the sound output was set to Optical Out, while it should've been just standard 'Internal speakers'

Man, such a stupid thing to spend hours searching for.
Anyway, if anyone else has no sound, first check Sound in Settings, to make sure that the correct sound output is selected :)
OMG
I'm thanking you, 5 years later, 10.12.6. A genius angel you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back