Contribute
Register

No audio after sleep (Yosemite - ALC892)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've solved problem with multibeast 6.1.0 audio kexts (gigabyte ga-z87-ud5h)
hey, could you please share the solution? i've got the same issue and motherboard.
i've installed alc898 with multibeast once, it works just only after restart

I haven't had any audio issues of this nature since I stopped using MacPro3,1 for my SMBios. If you are still using the default you might want to try something newer to match your CPU/MB. Have you also tried checking your /S/L/Extensions folder to make sure there are no old kexts in there? Lastly you can try removing /Extra and reinstalling MultiBeast from scratch.

I just switched from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 14,2 and audio after sleep now works. Perviously with mavericks I was using the older audio driver as a work around. With iMac 14,2 you have to address the antipop for ALC898.

I think I installed a program that took care of it.

I just switched from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 14,2 and audio after sleep now works. Perviously with mavericks I was using the older audio driver as a work around. With iMac 14,2 you have to address the antipop for ALC898.

I have iMac 14,1 and it drops like a dead fly after second wake from sleep. Funny, it works for a minute and then just vanishes. The only way to get it working again is to reload AppleHDA.kext or to use older AppleHDA,kext patch available in MB 6.1.0. I have tried just about anything, but always end up with using one from MB 6.1.0. It works fine with 10.10 too.

If I switch to iMac14,2 I would loose hardware video acceleration as it has discrete GPU and apple would disable intel acceleration in this config. BTW, 10.10 has perfected HW video acceleration - it hardly use any CPU even in 4K video, just make sure to use safari to play it.

About anti-pop. There are few, but they all based on cron or scripts in LaunchDaemons and not really optimal as they execute process every 10 secs - it messes up OS X a bit and expensive. I have developed my own anti-pop daemon agent based on Apple PlayFile source code to optimize the hell out of this nuisance so it does not pollute my system with process executions every 10 secs...

I am sad to say that I still have audio problems with iMac 14,2. I will install multibeast 6.1 audio. You simply only install the audio driver and it should address the issue.

i have a P8Z68M-Pro motherboard and was getting this issue with no audio after sleep.
i can confirm that the problem is solved by installing the audio kext in multibeast 6.1 (i used the 'with DSDT' option)
i previously tried changing the system definition but that made no difference.
its working perfectly again :) :)

Here's my setup in case anyone is in the same boat:

I have a GA-77N-Wifi with ALC892 and running 10.10. I'm using Clover boot loader with Tolega's ALC100 Command that created an injection kext through the boot loader and enabled HDMI audio out with use of my patched DSDT.

Like everyone here, I was losing audio from sleep however didn't want to run the Multi beast patch as well (in case they clashed). Due to being a full fresh install and no SMBIOS setup yet, I changed my setup from MacPro 3,1 to 5,1 (and removed Appletycm...?? before rebooting).

MacPro 3,1 has the audio issue yet on 5,1, I have seen zero problems.

Hope this helps :)

I've got mine working:

With Mavericks, I had to keep re-using the kext from multibeast 6.10. I was able to use it with Yosemite, but it was dead after sleeping. The current driver also works but had the same problem after sleep. My solution was similar to those already posted: I had to change my system definition. The ones mentioned above (mac pro 6.1, imac 14.2, etc) didn't work for me.

I found that I had to use Chameleon Wizard, go to SMBios, hit Edit, and select a profile that matched my hardware. When you select a system definition it shows a hardware profile underneath (e.g. Intel Core i5/i7 ivy bridge, Intel Graphics HD 4000). I have a Gigabyte GA-H77N-Wifi using the build-in Intel HD4000 video. It wasn't until I selected a profile that specifically matched the i5 with the HD4000 that my audio began working again after sleep.

If you choose the wrong definition, you can get a kernel panic & will need to boot in safe mode to try another one. Or: It might seem to work but the audio will still quit within a minute after waking from sleep.

TL/DR: The answer is system definition related, the profile you need to use is specific to your hardware; randomly choosing one that's mentioned in the thread probably will not work.

It's not simply system definition. Picking a definition appropriate for given hardware doesn't fix the problem in all cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back