Contribute
Register

No audio after sleep (Yosemite - ALC892)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I just made an very simple and short Bash file which contains the commands to restore audio. It's perfect for lazy people ( including myself :p ). Just double click if your standard Application for .sh files is the Terminal.

View attachment 109342

This works as well, 10.10.3 Yosemite with board ga-z77n-wifi

It is just the previous terminal commands in one application:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

i7 4790k
ASUS z97-A
GTX 970

Yosemite 10.10.5 with iMac 14,2 for my system definition.

Using ALC892 kext for my sound.

Had the same issue until i added 'npci=0x3000' to my chameleon boot.

I had a similiar problem where my audio would cut out ever 45 seconds until I selected a different output device then reselected the audio output.

I also had no headphone output.

Adding ncpi=0x3000 to my clover config.plist has enabled constant audio and now my front headphone port is recognized when I plug into it.

Is there a wakeFromSleep "script insert" somewhere, where this could be inserted to?

Use Keyboard Maestro. Create a macro with the following trigger: "At system wake." Add the "Execute a Shell Script" action. Select "Execute script file" and choose the bash file provided in thokis's post, or you could probably select "Execute text script" and type in the terminal commands yourself.

Using the bash file, I ran the bash file once in Terminal and plugged in my password, then quit terminal.

Now every time the system wakes, the script is run automatically. In fact, it runs so quickly, it completes while I'm still in the login screen, with no evidence of Terminal or a script running when I'm actually logged back in.

Hi Guys,

I just made an very simple and short Bash file which contains the commands to restore audio. It's perfect for lazy people ( including myself :p ). Just double click if your standard Application for .sh files is the Terminal.

View attachment 109342

thank you for this short script,
saved me a lot of typing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back